Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 06:22 AM   #11
bubbe
Zhentarim Guard

Default Re: Mission accomplished!

Congratulations!!
Old 09-03-2007, 08:15 AM   #12
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Cool, want some of my extra?
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:48 AM   #13
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Good for you!!

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:57 AM   #14
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Thanks, everyone! For me, it was mostly diet changes up until the last month, when exercise played a bigger role. And I am past 30, so that diet stuff becomes more important
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:30 PM   #15
Lucern
Quintesson

Congrats Bungleau. That's one of those things one truly earns after a lot of work. Here's to continued success and a lot of great reasons to maintain your current status.

<----- Dont' worry, it's lite beer

Last edited by Lucern; 09-03-2007 at 02:37 PM.
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:53 PM   #16
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

The great american diet is the biggest problem for people in the US, at least. Diet is highly important of course, but my god, when I first saw people drinking "buckets" of coca-cola and how every single thing has a supersizable option in restuaraunts it started to make sense as to why it's got the biggest obesity problem on the planet.

Cooking at home isn't any easier in america either, because of all these "quick foods" that line the supermarket shelves, containing everything except real food within it. I started to see how easy it is in the U.S. to fall into bad eating habits, order it at mcdonalds or get a microwaveable dinner at walmart. Either way it's faster than digging through the vegetable isles and multiples others to begin cooking from scratch. Even meat is so filled with hormones and fats now that you may gain more even if you think you're eating "properly". Convenience meals for convenience people.

And i'd never seen a drive-through bank before, or pharmacy until I went to the states. Hell, drive-thru resturaunts were still relatively new at home. But here I saw them giving people more reasons not to get up and walk for a bit. God forbid if a customer may have to step outside for a few mins and actually walk on the earth. So, it is the retailers really that are to blame because they know obese people eat alot more than thin people. Why make your customer buy less of your product? It's like the medical industry, cured people don't buy drugs anymore.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:43 PM   #17
Lord Michael
Elminster

Way to go, Bungleau!
Congrats!

"Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"
Lord Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:03 PM   #18
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Good Job Bungleau, looks like I need to do the same thing for myself as well. I started to gain more weight.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:56 AM   #19
Winter Wolf
Manshoon

I don't know if I could say I was proud of you, but would you settle for me being envious of and happy for you? Congratulations, I really hope I can muster the kind of willpower I'll need to follow example. Once I stopped smoking I ballooned up and really need to get rid of some of this lard, it's driving me nuts. Again, congratulations.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:11 AM   #20
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Congrats my friend, but I think people put too much stock in looking thin and what not, though I understand your health reasons. That being said, I'm not either, though you've no reason to believe the word of someone you've never met. I'll get around to posting a picture sometime. Anyways, its nice you set a goal for yourself and stuck with it.