Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2002, 06:08 PM   #1
Battle Brother Rob
Elite Waterdeep Guard

SPOILER!
In my travels in BG2, I walked into an area in the temple ruins and came face to face with a big nasty DRAGON. This creature decided my party would make a nice lunch and started to attack me (later I realised because i needed that stone of warding) the fight ended with a reduced party and some nice shiny dragon scales. Are there any more Dragons out there? and can you make more exciting suits of dragon armour?
Also regarding Spoilers, if i have a question about an event in game, such as this i have to put a tag on it saying Spoiler. Have i done this right, i wasnt sure even after re reading the rules.
Thanks in advance.
Old 05-04-2002, 06:22 PM   #2
Iluvatar Oakenshield
Manshoon

Well of first of all you did the spoiler thing just right, no problems there

There are 5 different dragons in the game:

SPOILER: Dragons and their locations

|

|

|

|

|

1) The shadow dragon -> you found him already
2) A red Dragon (Firkraag) -> He's in the windspear Hills
3) A silver dragon -> She's in the Underdark, but she's not meant to be killed when playing good, you can however do it and you must do it to complete a certain (evil) quest.
4) A black dragon -> In suldanessaler, he should be killed too (although you may convince him to leave with words, But I am not sure about that, I just killed him )
5) Another black dragon, in Hell -> Should not be killed when playing good, but I think you can.

Of all of these I think only the first two drop their scales when you kill them, not sure though, someone correct me if I am wrong.
"Wherever she dwells I will bid a farewell sigh For she dwells with beauty - beauty that must die And deep inside me I will wait for her return To her enchanting, awe-inspiring flame I'll yearn O lust and rueful thought be mine, My soul enhanced, desires... Melancholy. My heart is thine."

Schwadorf, Empyrium '97
Iluvatar Oakenshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 06:25 PM   #3
Iluvatar Oakenshield
Manshoon

oh, oops where are my manners. Welcome to IronWorks Battle Brother Rob!! Enjoy your stay here [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
"Wherever she dwells I will bid a farewell sigh For she dwells with beauty - beauty that must die And deep inside me I will wait for her return To her enchanting, awe-inspiring flame I'll yearn O lust and rueful thought be mine, My soul enhanced, desires... Melancholy. My heart is thine."

Schwadorf, Empyrium '97
Old 05-04-2002, 06:50 PM   #4
swavek
The Magister

I believe that Iluvatar Oakenshield is correct in that only the first two dragons drops some scales which you can use to make armour out of.
once you get upto the black dragon, even if it does drop some scales you won't have the chance to go to cromwell and make armour out of them. you're almost at the end of the game at that point anyway.
Old 05-04-2002, 06:56 PM   #5
Iluvatar Oakenshield
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by swavek:
I believe that Iluvatar Oakenshield is correct in that only the first two dragons drops some scales which you can use to make armour out of.
once you get upto the black dragon, even if it does drop some scales you won't have the chance to go to cromwell and make armour out of them. you're almost at the end of the game at that point anyway.
That depends on which black dragon you're talking about

Schwadorf, Empyrium '97
Old 05-06-2002, 01:28 AM   #6
Witchhunter
The Magister

SPOILER

Firekraag drops his scales, along with Holy Avenger and some other nice magic items and some gold
\"Achievement is for senators and scholars. At one time I had ambitions but I had them removed by a doctor in Buffalo. It started as cyst, it grew under my arm and I had to have new shirts made, it was awful. But I have them in a jar at home now.\" <br />-Tom Waits
Witchhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 02:13 AM   #7
Lanthir
Drizzt Do'Urden

Spoiler

to be complete there is also the blue dragon which drops scales since he mentioned TOB dragons. Also in watchers keep there isa set of whie dragon scales just layin gon the ground which can be made into armor as well