Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2001, 04:40 PM   #11
Moni

quote:
Originally posted by vesselle:

and i have no bishops in my party. i know they can do that, but that's not a good enough reason for me to have a bishop. they make me uncomfortable. [img]smile.gif[/img]

V***V

LOL! Anyone with a skill in artifacts can use it. I just have a Bishop for the potential of having more power at the end of the game than I considered a Priest to be able to offer.

V's remedy through the inventory screen isthe way I was unable to uncurse my Samurai...one way or the other ought to work for you as long as you get the question mark...you might need a higher skill in artifacts but I would doubt that.

Good Luck getting it uncursed! I am off to study and defrag my HD so I won't be back for a while.

[img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2001, 04:41 PM   #12
April Ryan
Dungeon Master

quote:
Originally posted by vesselle:
~~april~~

that's exactly what i have been doing. but as soon as my bard "uses" the scroll, the inventory window closes.

then i am in the main game window, with a trade screen at the bottom and the only things i can select from are what is in the bard's personal inventory or the entire group's inventory.

it won't let me pick my mage's equipped items.

gaaaah!

V***V

u are doing it right.. ok.. so the inventory window closes.. the mouse icon is a question mark right.. now on the main screen click on the character.. u can't uncurse an equipment.. u uncurse the character.. and the character will then be able to remove the cursed items. hehehe Got it?
April Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 04:43 PM   #13
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

You know what, it might require a caster of some kind to read it. (I don't have a bard and I always cast Identify before equipping anything to see if cursed.... but the only person who I had use the scrolls were my priest... and she used the remove curse (she already had the spell) simply to save mana. Maybe it's going to the trade window because Bards can't do it?
Old 12-09-2001, 04:51 PM   #14
April Ryan
Dungeon Master

u know what, i just tried it.. i have a bard too.. when it pops u out from the inventory screen... with the personal items, party items screen below... don't worry abt that..

just click on the character potrait u want to uncurse.
Old 12-09-2001, 05:31 PM   #15
vesselle
Hathor

~~april~~

OMG! thank you! thank you!

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

i guess i thot since the trade window opened, i HAD to use it. anyway, following your advice, i ignored it and picked my mage and it worked!

it was uncursed. i took it out of her teeny little hand and she breathed a huge sigh of relief. as a matter of fact, i'm gonna let the priest give her a little massage, cuz her fingers are all curled up tight.
poor little thing. she really didn't like how that cursed dagger made her leap into the faces of the baddies. we just finished off a big old group of picuses and she was screaming the whole time. (that bugger's face was about the size of her entire body!)

aaahhhh! much better! and i hope i learned my lesson. ::repeats over and over:: id first, then equip. id first, then equip. id first, then equip.

V***V

<----- OMG!! I have become the ELMONSTER! (apologies to lovers of Elminster)
Old 12-09-2001, 08:25 PM   #16
Moni

Alriiight!

Now give her little hand a good massage, apologize to her and then go out and kick some monster tail!

So glad you got the problem solved!
Old 12-10-2001, 02:41 AM   #17
April Ryan
Dungeon Master

no problem..

hey vesselle, if u haven't noticed yet.. u can't ID the cursed status of a cursed item.. i never did... if u want to know u just have to use the "save and reload" option... how to tell if an item is cursed or not.. the obvious one will be those with "negative" effects, say the cap of wiles... with an Ac of -4 but +10 int.. i knew it would be cursed.. as u play along u can roughly gauge which items are likely be cursed and which are not...
Old 12-10-2001, 07:03 AM   #18
vesselle
Hathor

~~april~~

aha!

so, my priestess, who can id everything with a quick snap of her fingers, won't be able to id a cursed item? well then, that's a good way for me to know it's cursed! LOL!

btw, i have these dumb rules in my game involving save/reloads.

when something happens, i just bear with it and work it out ingame. (for me, that's what turns sirtech's story into my story) i think the only time i reloaded was when i wanted to see if i could walk over the edge of the bridge in trynton. i had noticed that sirtech had done a great job of making barriers along places that you might break your neck if you mis-stepped .... so i hadda test it! LOLOL! heh that one place, you CAN walk off the bridge and die a horribly, messy, disgusting and very loud death! (imagine 7 women and Myles, screaming all the way down! the shrillness would make your brain implode!)

V***V
Old 12-10-2001, 12:09 PM   #19
Eldurin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I identify cursed items all the time, and they show that they are cursed. You just need to have sufficient skill.
Old 12-10-2001, 01:05 PM   #20
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Um, I ID cursed items all the time as well.