Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2001, 09:35 PM   #1
vesselle
Hathor

"heya! i'm all buffle-headed!!" <--- motto of the Blonde Brigade lol!

okay, i got a Book of Portals and have been hoarding it along with several spell points for when Aria leveled up. weeeelll, my compact li'l priestess is now 10 years old and i eagerly spent her points on Heal All, Superman and Instant Death.
then after having a little birthday party, she reminded me about the Portals, so even happier, we taught her that.

but, and this is a big butt [img]graemlins/happyteeth.gif[/img] (groan! pun intended), but she and i were surprised because the Book of Portals is only for Set Portals. waaah! it was plural, so of course, i assumed (double groan! another butt pun...LOL) that it was for going and coming!! okay, i always save before leveling up so i will re-distribute the points.

anyways, if the Book of Portals isn't for both Portal Spells, what the heck is the return portal book called? Return to the Book of Portals? Book of Portals Vol II? Book of Portals: the Sequel? [img]graemlins/confused2.gif[/img] i just haven't seen 2 different Portal Books when i go rummaging around in stores.

please enlighten me, oh all-knowing-ones. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

V***V
Old 12-08-2001, 10:00 PM   #2
Morgalas Everhate
Dungeon Master

Well Vesselle I am not all-knowing but this is what I discovered, there are books for both, how they are labelled I can't remember. What I did was right click a book in a merchant's shop and read the specifics about it before purchasing ( I love that about Wiz 8 saves you time and money). I it will say either set or return or even in green "this spell is known to the character". The books can also be found by ....... you guessed it, adventuring. But the oddest thing was this, when my mage leveled up I choose portal spells as choice and it highlighted both!!! Thus I had set portal and return to portal in one shabang!! Woohoo !! [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]

I waited till I had both (separate) books to give my bishop the same spells as my mage.

It sure is nice to zip around the world with teleporting at your disposal.

I hope this gives you some hope or ideas for your travelling female entourage Vesselle [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2001, 10:12 PM   #3
vesselle
Hathor

::lets her head bang down on her keyboard::
gaaaah!! i knew that! i really knew that!

honest!! i knew that about checking out spell books when i buy them! i promise, i really & truly did know that!

so, why didn't i do it with this one?? i guess i was just being blonde [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img] cuz not once did i ever r/click to read about it! gaah!!

[img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img] pooooooh!!! [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img]

V***V
Old 12-08-2001, 10:26 PM   #4
Morgalas Everhate
Dungeon Master

LOL !!!

Sometimes even the smallest detail can make the difference [img]smile.gif[/img]

Don't wack your head too hard on the keyboard, next thing you know your keys will be jammed and no more Wiz8 till you get a new keyboard.

By the way I am the Captain of the S.S. Blondie Boat (even though I have dark hair), I made a Dracon fighter I thought cool beserking would be great. After making my party and struggling through many miles of roads until I reached the swamp guess what I forgot all about!!! Yep to use Beserk Attacks for him !!! [img]graemlins/doh.gif[/img]

Once I realized that boy did that make all the difference !!!
Old 12-08-2001, 10:53 PM   #5
Vaylord
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The set goes by the names:
Book of portals = Set portal
Book of Return = Return to portal

Just since you asked. I have noticed that will always seems to be common while the other is rare.. go figure
Vaylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 04:22 PM   #6
April Ryan
Dungeon Master

concerning learning both the set portal and return to portal spells... i dunno how true is this but what i found out is that the reason u can use one spell point to learn BOTH the portal spells is because u have one of the book... set portal. My reason is that.. i found that set portal book..i was HIGH enuff to learn the spell... but no.. it wouldn't let me click on the book. So i leveled up and used my one spell point to learn both of them.. and surprisingly after learning it.. the set portal book is GONE.
April Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 06:54 PM   #7
vesselle
Hathor

quote:
Originally posted by Morgalas Everhate:
I thought cool beserking would be great. After making my party and struggling through many miles of roads until I reached the swamp guess what I forgot all about!!! Yep to use Beserk Attacks for him !!! [img]graemlins/doh.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/happyteeth.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]

well then, you're more than welcome to accompany my Blonde Brigade at any time! we can't guarantee safe passage, but we can guarantee... ummm... uh..... [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img] well some other things that i kinda forget at the moment!

V***V
Old 12-10-2001, 11:29 AM   #8
Eldurin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just to clear up some confusion, when you select Return to Portal as a spell when you level up you also get Set Portal. This is the way it's support to work, as it says in the manual. The magic books are different; you need one of each.
Old 12-10-2001, 11:34 AM   #9
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

I really hate to point this out but ... the descriptions of the spells in the manual state that if you pick one you get the other one as well. If you learn them from books on the other hand it is a completely different story.

On the subject of being blonde (I am dark blonde although male) I made a dracon samurai because I thought the ability to breathe acid was cool. I think I have used this ability exactly once. I always forget I have this ability.
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote