Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2001, 11:20 PM   #1
ebayles
Dungeon Master

OK...so I actually finished the game and killed Saverok. BUT....I think I had a harder time with the 2nd to last battle...the assassins from wherever. That was brutal..I never even came close! I finally just snuck around and got to the throne area...any thoughts on this battle? Feel kind of lame that I didnt complete it but I won the last battle.....
ebayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 05:19 AM   #2
Zbyszek

Quote:
Originally posted by ebayles:
OK...so I actually finished the game and killed Saverok. BUT....I think I had a harder time with the 2nd to last battle...the assassins from wherever. That was brutal..I never even came close! I finally just snuck around and got to the throne area...any thoughts on this battle? Feel kind of lame that I didnt complete it but I won the last battle.....
I have never had particular problems with Iron Throne assasins before Temple of Bhaal- a few fireballs, and they start to move toward you, then explosive arrows and half of them is dead already. By the way one of them also have exploding arrows, so if he is still alive, my best tank move fast to him, and almost finished
You could also try Kill Cloud in front of them, so they have to cross it to get to you.

Zbyszek

Zbyszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 06:39 AM   #3
Vampire

It depends on your patience.
Their arrows of detonations can be very hurtful!

I had my fighters invisble and as forward artillery spotters! Then my mages just ponded them with fireballs! A few stink clouds and webs works!

------------------
Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 09:15 AM   #4
ebayles
Dungeon Master

Somehow I missed picking up any detonation arrows.........does the thief's guild have them?
Old 09-18-2001, 10:17 AM   #5
Zbyszek

Quote:
Originally posted by ebayles:
Somehow I missed picking up any detonation arrows.........does the thief's guild have them?
Can be bought for example at Soceries Sundries.

Z.

Zbyszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 10:39 AM   #6
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I was saving them for Sarevok (it turned out they didn't work too well ) so I encountered the same problem - in the end I also went around. I also feel very guilty about it...

------------------

Kazara

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 02:24 PM   #7
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Yes, I agree that that is one of the most interesting and taxing battles in BG, but actually I have always found that last group of Skeleton Warriors archers you run into right before getting to the temple where Sarevok is hiding out to be even tougher.

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2001, 09:26 PM   #8
ebayles
Dungeon Master

I think I managed to miss the Skeleton Warriors by going around as well....where were they? Maybe I have to play the whole thing over.....
Old 09-19-2001, 03:17 AM   #9
Kitka
Dungeon Master

what i do is sneak a thief like imoen up to just where i can see one of them , then back off, and shoot an arrow. this splits their party. if you can lure away enough of them before the dialogue comes up, they remain neutral, and wont attack. use dire charm, if you can, then walk them to where you can kill them easy with a backstab to start it all off. use arrow of dispell on the mages. invis with the AI off walk right up to the archer, forcing him to use melee weapons. you score some nice arrows then. and yes, cloudkill/stinkers work great with a cleric entangle.
Kitka is offline   Reply With Quote