Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2001, 05:12 PM   #1
Gary Smith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Right then this idea seems pretty fine one to me but tell me what you think. I am currently running a solo game with a kensai and im going to dual class to a thief at level 13. But enough about that, im going to write it in various different styles, mostly first person styles although the main character will be recorded by diary enteries. How do i want your help? well its an interactive advanture because i would like to know if you want to take part in this. If so just post here what you would like to be your characters attachments and what they would like to do and i will write them into the story. I think its a great idea but i will like loads of feedback [img]smile.gif[/img] im not the best writer but im ok and im getting better. So heres the first part. This will take a while by the way because i like my details [img]smile.gif[/img] i will have the next part up later tonight and i dont think i can write anyone in at this point but if your fast enough i might find a way. It all depends on who you want to be. And dont be shy lol be anyone you want.

First of all my character.

Name: Uglash of the Boneroot Clan
Race: Half Orc
Alignment: Neutral Good
Class: Kensai

Stats:
STR 19
DEX 18
CON 19
INT 10
WIS 9
CHA 8

Skills: Long Sword *****
Single Weapon *

FROM THE DIARYS OF UGLASH.

My eyes open slowly and the little light that there is stings like the 9 unholy levels of hell. At first I think I am blind but then things come into focus. I am in a little cage and as I get up my back creaks alarmingly, the cage is too small I remember thinking. Then on the edges of my vision I see a man, he is walking this way, to my sensitive eyes it seems that he is covered in an aura of power. I must be dreaming as I stand up as far as I can and face him. He seems small and fragile, I reach out to grab him but I feel a jolt of electricity and I am thrown back down to the floor. I smack my head into one of the bars and my vision blurs. On the edges of my hearing I hear his voice, faint though it is. “Ahhh the child of Bhall has awoken.” Then a jolt hits me and I start to lose my already fragile hold on consciousness, but my last thought before I black out is that he knows who I am.

My eyes open slowly and there seems to be more light this time. I look around slowly expecting more pain, everytime I have woken in the last few hours I have been blasted into unconsciousness. I will have my revenge on that bastard! I get up and my vision spins, how can it be that this abuse still affects me, a warrior!! I steady myself and wait. I look round the room and drink in the sights. Lots of cages I think, but only two are occupied. I don’t recognize the faces, I shake my head, I’m sure that I should but I just cant remember! My anger is rising and I turn and hit my fist into one of the bars. It bends! The bars can bend! I grip the bar and brace myself and pull with all my strength. They start to give but ever so slowly, I am the wrestling champion of my tribe why can’t I do this! I brace again and give it another pull and it gives some more. My eyes are tearing as my muscles strain against the bars. I feel myself blacking out again but I growl away the pain and give one last momentous pull. The bars resist and then as if they give up the fight they bend as easily as some of the men’s backs I have broken before.

I fall forward and fall through the gap in the bars, my waist gets stuck and I let out a rueful laugh, all that just to get stuck in the bars. I wriggle about as I try not to think about the shame I am going through. Eventually I manage to get my waist free and fall to the floor in a heap. I laugh aloud as the thought that I am free from that hellish cage runs through my mind. I must find a weapon! I look round and see that there is a door off to one side, doors equal treasure in my mind so I move closer to the door. I put my ear to it and listen at the door. I don’t hear anything so I push through the door and freeze. There is a golem across the room from me. I don’t like golems, ever since my encounters near baldurs gate I have had a healthy disrespect for golems. But this one doesn’t look like it will trouble me so I move slowly across the room. I see a long sword on the table, blessed be my favourite weapon. Oh how I used to carve apart my enemies with that weapon. But this is not helping. I grab the long sword and look around. I see some more weapons and some armour. Armour is for wimps I think as I turn and leave the room turning to send one last glance the golems way. I would swear that thing is inanimate.

I enter the cage room and look around for another exit. I see one towards the left-hand corner of the room and I hurry over there. I go through the archway and step in something horrible and slimy. I look down and for the first time I swear because of my lack of boots. Hmmm brains I say out loud as I scoop my hand down and have a taste. Got to love the taste of old brains. I walk my way through the blood and gore being careful to keep my feet from getting messy. There is a humming ahead and I peek round the corner and see this strange machine. It seems that this machine sensed my approach because it gives a burp and from nowhere a funny little flying thing appears. I don’t like the look of this so I do what I usually do, I run in waving my sword. On the way I notice out of the corner of my eye a lever on the floor so I swing my sword and smash it to pieces, levers = badness in my experience. I run up to this flying thing and it spurts a lighting bolt at me. I give a surprised yelp as the electricity runs through my body. But I’m made of sterner stuff and I give a yell and swing my sword down cleaving the flying thing apart. As its wings fall down on either side of its body a little note falls out of the body. I lean down and look at the note. It says “lighting mephit.” So that’s what they are called. Then another jumps out of the machine and I turn and cut above my head cleaving it in half again. Seems like it’s the same kind. I look at the machine and then back to the lever and something connects in my brain.

Just as I am mouthing, “Oh Shit” another mephit jumps out of the machine and I jump back and swing my sword. Amazingly I miss and I get another shock. I grab the mephit in my hands and rip it to pieces. I give a shrug then and punch my hand into the lightning machine. Not a good move for although it stops the mephits coming out of the machine the resulting explosion brings down the roof over the entrance I just came through as well as throwing my back into the wall. As I fight for consciousness I see this and punch the wall. Which then brings down a few bricks onto my head. Lucky I’m made of stone myself so I pick myself up and head through my only possible exit. I grip my sword tightly as I wonder what trials await me next.
Me: What!! you cant kill me!<br />GM: I can do anythink i want.<br />Me: What did i do!!<br />GM: Your not being a party player<br />Me: Im Neutral Evil for Gods Sake!<br />GM: So your calling upon the gods of ravenloft to save you then.<br />Me: what....<br />[GM rolls the D20]<br />GM: Well thats a 15, added on 5 for all those graves youve robbed in the past adventure, thats a 20. Powers check please.<br />Me: Oh Cr*p.<br />[Me rolls D20]<br />Me: I got a 5<br />GM: Your still alive.<br />Me: Woohoo!!<br />GM: But your now half goat.<br />Me: Oh... WOOHOO!!
Gary Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 05:43 PM   #2
Eldoran
Dungeon Master

Sounds pretty good so far, and I recall the same thing being done on the BG Dungeon boards along time ago, except it was the adventures of a solo Jester... he wrote in parts for board regulars, and it was fun to read.
Eldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 05:50 PM   #3
Gary Smith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Where do you think i got the idea from lol [img]smile.gif[/img] also im a bit shaky on some of the bits, ie ive never found kangax so i would like to to beat his ass
Me: What!! you cant kill me!<br />GM: I can do anythink i want.<br />Me: What did i do!!<br />GM: Your not being a party player<br />Me: Im Neutral Evil for Gods Sake!<br />GM: So your calling upon the gods of ravenloft to save you then.<br />Me: what....<br />[GM rolls the D20]<br />GM: Well thats a 15, added on 5 for all those graves youve robbed in the past adventure, thats a 20. Powers check please.<br />Me: Oh Cr*p.<br />[Me rolls D20]<br />Me: I got a 5<br />GM: Your still alive.<br />Me: Woohoo!!<br />GM: But your now half goat.<br />Me: Oh... WOOHOO!!
Old 12-11-2001, 06:42 PM   #4
Gary Smith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

PART 2

As I pass through the exit my eyes take in the glorious splendor of this wondrous cavern. Crystals everywhere, sparkling in the faint glow of the pool in the room. But past experience has made me wary so I make my way slowly across the cavern, pausing to bite a bit off one of the crystals (having a hardened stomach helps you know). As I sneak across the cavern with all the skill of a falling boulder I hear a deep-throated laugh. I spin round with my sword at the ready to be confronted by the sight of a huge Genie just floating there. He doesn’t seem to be saying much so I approach him slowly and carefully waiting for this treacherous species to act. This one surprises me by just talking, he can sense that I am on my guard but still he goes ahead, got to admire his spirit. It seems he wants me to answer a simple question for him. But with genies simple questions are usually the cause of disaster so I tell him no and swing my sword for a decapitating blow. When I finnish my spin he (it?) is nowhere to be seen.

Still moving carefully and scanning for danger I hear the faint sounds of a scuffing of boots in the corridor beyond. Hearing the quiet chattering of goblin voices I give my battlecry and rush round the corner swinging my sword in wild style. Unfortunately these goblins are obviously experienced (and or scared) and as I go round the corner 2 arrows hit me, one in the shoulder and one just grazing my cheekbone. I roar in pain and swing my sword in wild arcs and luckily catch 2 goblins with the one swing. Their heads go flying from their bodies bounce off the wall and smack the 2 bow wielding goblins in the head knocking them out cold. The rest of the goblins chitter amongst themselves and start to run but my blood is up and I cleave them down from behind. After licking the blood off my blade I loot the corpses. As I’m bending over counting my ill gotten gains I feel a right pain in the ass. The two goblins I knocked out are back up and are firing wildly at me. I give a rueful laugh that is half pain and walk slowly towards them deflecting arrows with my sword. They seem to loose their nerve but I just pick out a few of my gold coins and hurl them at the fleeing figures. 2 gold coins strike the back of each goblins skull and the audible crack sounds through the corridors. I just smile and go back to looting the corpses.

I move down the corridor with a few coins jingling in my newly acquired belt pouch. I reach a 3-way intersection. To the left is a closed door; same to the right and in front of me is another archway. Being the curious sort, and right handed, I go to the right and listen at the door. I hear a slight fluttering of wings and swear and then think what the hell and charge in with my sword waving. I then realise my mistake when I hit the table with my sword and embed it into it. As I turn towards the mephit a funny feeling comes over me and when it passes I see I have a few minor wounds on my body. I growl and try to pull my sword out but its embedded to far. I then notice a sign saying “Magic Sword!!!” and an arrow pointing. I grip the sword and I can feel the energy pulsing through my body as I swing at the mephit which seems to dissolve under the swords magic.

There is a potion on the table and not thinking I drink it and a feeling of well being passes through my body and me wounds start to heal. I look at first the potion and then the sword with frank appraisal laughing as I consider my newfound luck. I smile again when I find some more of the same in another chest. It is only after pocketing this that I am aware of the golem standing in the room. And boy does he smell bad, sewage if my nose isn’t mistaken. I get curious and go to stand before this thing and it speaks to me telling me it is blind and that do I wish it to open the sewers? Well I don’t know but it seems it might be the only way out of here so I agree and it wants its stone back. I moan in exasperation as I go out of the door with something else to do other than escape this rotten hellhole!