Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2001, 02:30 PM   #1
Darkskymoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is there a decent way to deal with these guys inside the dungeons in Windspear Hills? I've got the mask, I've got a dragonslayer sword and a dragon shield, even a ring to protect me from fire... that's all probably for the dragon (I'll deal with that later... )... but shall I leave the golems alone... something tells me that I should kill them! But how?
Old 04-29-2001, 02:34 PM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Wand of cloudkill seems to work great, otherwise try enchanted blunt weapons.
Old 04-29-2001, 02:38 PM   #3
Melusine
Dracolisk

SOME SPOILERS AHEAD
'
'
'
'
'
Well, the fire protection is useless against them, so don't bother with the dragonslaying equipment (they're golems, not little dragons )
You could try taking them on, have you already completed Nalia's keep? If so, there is a good hammer there which will help. The stone ones are pretty easy, the really nasty ones are the Adamantine ones. Some good strategies: for the A.golems you need at least a +3 enchanted weapon, or alternatively use Lower Resistance a couple of times and then take them out with Magic Missiles. One useful item is a certain amulet that makes you immune to poison, didn't the rakhshasa in the Druid Grove have it? (please someone with a better memory help me out) I think that helps against the golem's gas cloud.

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 04-29-2001, 02:39 PM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

Blunt weapons are only required to hit the clay golems I think. You can hit the stone and Adamantine ones with all weapons (but of course they need to be resp. +2 and +3)

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 04-29-2001, 02:41 PM   #5
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Plenty of +2 and +3 around i think, in my case the andamentium golum got stuck on the bridge so i could take them all out with my +5 sling (took a while).
Old 04-29-2001, 02:42 PM   #6
Dramnek_Ulk

in all the cases when you encounter adamantite golems you can get at them but they cant always get at you. Rush up to them, then rush back and they wont be abel to follew you all the way through doors etc. cos their to big. So then cast lower resistence on them and then finsh them with magic missles, as their immune to allforms of elemental damge.

------------------
The most Holy and Divine Godly and Wise Noble and Kind Knights of the Ever burning Flame Imperishable of Eternal Hope and Faith from which all Life will find its Perfect Gleaming Shining Defence Force of honour and Righteous Justice to protect them form the Corrupt Amoral Baneful Evil Flagitious Nefarious Vile wretched Depraved Low Base Sordid and dirty Wizard of ultimate doom Who wishes to destroy This Eden like Land of Bountiful Promise And Racial Harmony with great natural beauty which He dare not despoil with Grasping Talons of Destroying Misery Death pollution destruction anhilation War Strife and Hatred

(Those of you who can say this without drawing breath may be awarded a small prize)

[This message has been edited by Dramnek_Ulk (edited 04-29-2001).]

Old 04-29-2001, 02:43 PM   #7
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

How about melfs minute meteors, there +5?
Witdraw to a door wich is too small for them to pass and kill them from a distance.
Old 04-29-2001, 02:43 PM   #8
Tancred
White Dragon

There's a +3 Short Bow, Tansheron's Short Bow, on sale at Trademeet, that fires energy arrows. It's a +3 Weapon - takes a while to kill Adamantite Golems, but if you can trap them Golems in a position where they are trapped by narrow corridors, you can shoot them to death. It can also injure Stone Golems easily, but 'cos Stone Golems are perfectly capable of running towards you it's of limited use.
As for you, Melusine, right on the money - the Periapt of Proof against Poison is indeed held by Adratha...
SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
aka Ihtafeer the Rakshasa.

Tancred

She had me fooled. I attacked Adratha out of sheer bloody-mindedness... but that's off the record, folks.
Old 04-29-2001, 07:06 PM   #9
Gimlee
Elminster

If you have problems with the golems, wait till you see Firkraag!!!