Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2001, 05:42 PM   #11
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Adhreall with his big mouth
Old 01-04-2001, 09:10 PM   #12
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Very surprised Armisael hasn't answered this one. Very surprising since he is a writer! Perhaps he is very much offended you think? You did go way overboard, my friend, Memnoch. He must have really gotten under your skin. I will give your own advice back to you that you gave me on another post a month ago or so, when I ragged a bit on ol' Morninglord's statements about misspellings on this Board. You said something to the effect like "relax, nobody is perfect here."
Old 01-04-2001, 10:00 PM   #13
Ineluki

Man, Memnoch, you had me convinced that you were beyond a doubt the best flamer I have ever seen in my life. Unfortunatly for you, your witty, yet expletory account of presumably unbeknownst and overendulged explanations of Armisael's sparkling clean record was not quite what it seemed. I would be Right (with a capital R) to assume that many of our dear readers here today are emotionally distraught to find that your ostensibly illogical exposition of your descriptive rhetoric through what is commonly known as a "hyperlink" was in fact the truth. I, for one, am nursing an aching wound to the heart. I would hope, in the future, that either honor or a reservation of personal reflections upon an unwitting soul such as Armisael would restrain further disruptive outbursts, or at least be a lesson on, as we say in the bush, "covering your tracks".

Very slick link, by the way. Where'd you find it? (Oh, and that above was NOT a cheap, pregenerated insult machine result.)

Cheers.
Ineluki

Old 01-05-2001, 01:18 AM   #14
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Memnoch, I've read this again and it's got me thinking. What are you in reality? A contractual lawyer? A philosopher? It's very good and very funny, while your grasp of vocabulary, sentence construction and argument would leave the most self-indulgent thesis writer proud. (e.g. a certain Eric R. Wolf preface)

Armisael hasn't posted on this board for over 24 hours or so now. I'm beggining to get worried.

Armisael, where are you? Helloooooooooo?
Old 01-05-2001, 01:58 AM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Hey ladyzekke before everyone gets the wrong idea, this is what we in Australia call "TAKING THE PISS" which Armisael being a Melburnian and knowing me being a Sydneysider will totally understand!!!

Ineluki, i'm impressed. Pretty cool link though eh?

Believe it or not Yorick I'm a consultant with a marketing background though I've now moved to a company that makes products that EVERYONE the world over will be familiar with - you see them in the grocery store, drink them, eat them, and all that jazz!
Old 01-05-2001, 02:11 AM   #16
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

(Sigh) I should have guessed. My ex wife is in marketing (Print Media) with an advertising background and could TALK THE LEGS OF AN IRON POT. If you can sell ice to the eskimos you can talk a husband into doing WHATEVER you want.

Anyway you've piqued my curiousity Memnoch. What product are we talking here?

Oh, and we have to be sensitive with non-Aussies Mem. According to Douglas Adams we have the most refined sense of sarcasm in the world.

Actually if anyone wants a hilariously comical view of Australia and it's inhabitants - allegedly written by the said Douglas Adams. Email me at Chanteur@bigpond.com and I'll send it. It's priceless.
Old 01-05-2001, 02:29 AM   #17
Armisael

What follows is the story of how Memnoch can be so rich in the rhetoric of democracy and yet so poor in its implementation. What I want to document now is that those of us who are still sane, those of us who still have a firm grip on reality, those of us who still think that he will fail if we unite, have an obligation to do more than just observe what he is doing from a safe distance. We have an obligation to fight the warped, distorted, misshapen, unwholesome monstrosity that his proposed social programs have become. We have an obligation to raise several issues about his benighted musings that are frequently missing from the drivel that masquerades for discourse on this topic. And we have an obligation to replace today's chaos and lack of vision with order and a supreme sense of purpose.

He can out-reason soulless scrubs but not anyone else. This implies that there should be a law against this. Or, to express that sentiment without the emotionally charged lingo, he dreams of a time when he'll be free to exercise both subtlety and thoroughness in managing both the news and the entertainment that gets presented to us. That's the way he's planned it, and that's the way it'll happen -- not may happen, but will happen -- if we don't interfere, if we don't fight the warped, distorted, misshapen, unwholesome monstrosity that his values have become.

In theory, he tends to forget what matters most. But in reality, ruffianism is not merely an attack on our moral fiber. It is also a politically motivated attack on knowledge. At the very least, I, hardheaded cynic that I am, want to expand people's understanding of Memnoch's superficial-to-the-core expositions. That may seem simple enough, but if the only way to put to rest scummy and insane editorials such as Memnoch's is for me to react, on cue, to the trigger-words that Memnoch has inserted into my mind by dint of endless repetition, then so be it. It would really be worth it, because he is like a magician who produces a dove in one hand, while the other hand is busy trying to sugarcoat the past and dispense false optimism for the future. The devil not only finds too much mischief for idle hands to do, but increasingly in our contemporary world, he causes heinous irritating voluptuaries to utilize questionable and illegal fund-raising techniques. Memnoch's statements such as "Human life is expendable" indicate that we're not all looking at the same set of facts. Fortunately, these facts are easily verifiable with a trip to the library by any open and honest individual.

Maybe any day now, Memnoch will reap a harvest of death. Cold-blooded predictions aside, this would not be an impossible scenario if his perverted ethics gained ascendancy in our society. His little schemes are bound to fail. In that context, one could say that if my memory serves me correctly, his argument that his mistakes are always someone else's fault is hopelessly flawed and thoroughly circuitous.

Memnoch's prognoses are based on some deep-rooted personality disorder. Which brings us to the harsh reality that must be faced: Some people think I'm exaggerating when I say that I disagree with Memnoch's ugly confused teachings. But I'm not exaggerating; if anything, I'm understating the situation. I want to draw two important conclusions from this. The first is that Memnoch is a card-carrying member of the Hypocrisy Club, and the second is that he extricates himself from difficulty by intrigue, by chicanery, by dissimulation, by trimming, by an untruth, by an injustice.

There are rumors circulating that flattery will get Memnoch nowhere, so let me just clarify something: Memnoch believes that he has the mandate of Heaven to incite pogroms, purges, and other mayhem. Sorry, but I have to call foul on that one. Do we not, as rational men and women, owe it to both our heritage and our posterity to focus on what unites rather than divides us? I think we do. His refrains may sound comfortable and simple, but it must not be forgotten that the moral devastations that accompany his nit-picky recommendations suffice to slowly but surely strip the world of conversation, friendship, and love. I'll say that again, because I want it to sink in: In this volatile political moment, we must cautiously guard against the dangers of recalcitrant inane exhibitionism.

Memnoch's activities are designed to slander those who are most systematically undervalued, underpaid, underemployed, underfinanced, underinsured, underrated, and otherwise underserved and undermined as undeserving and underclass. And they're working; they're having the desired effect. You are, I'm sure, well aware that it frustrates Memnoch that he can't shut me up. But did you know that human life is full of artificiality, perversion, and misery, much of which is caused by scurrilous bestial election-year also-rans? He will regulate unilateralism long before he can convert me into one of his assistants.

We must honestly inculcate in the reader an inquisitive spirit and a skepticism about beliefs that Memnoch's toadies take for granted. Does that sound extremist? Is it too pouty for you? I'm sorry if it seems that way, but that's life.

Memnoch would not hesitate to legitimate irresponsibility, laziness, and infidelity if he felt he could benefit from doing so. A small child really couldn't understand that pharisaism has nothing to do with cameralism. But any adult can easily grasp that he has stated that the majority of jaundiced subversive party animals are heroes, if not saints. One clear inference from that statement -- an inference that is never really disavowed -- is that the purpose of life is self-gratification. Now that's just odious. While perhaps offensive to some readers, only a direct quote can fully convey the insincere nature and content of Memnoch's assertions: "Attention, understrappers! Your orders are to replace the search for truth with a situationist relativism based on unenlightened fascism, and to do so at any cost."

Memnoch is addicted to the feeling of power, to the idea of controlling people. Sadly, he has no real concern for the welfare or the destiny of the people he desires to lead. Isn't it true that the idea of letting him break down our communities is, in itself, unctuous? If that's not true, tell me why not. The worst sorts of self-centered deviants I've ever seen may endanger our property or our security or our economic well-being, but Memnoch endangers our souls. Ignoring this letter can be considered an admission of guilt on his part, but that's really beside the point. He has stated that there is something intellectually provocative in the tired rehashing of self-indulgent stereotypes. That's just pure totalitarianism. Well, in Memnoch's case, it might be pure ignorance, seeing that I am tired of hearing or reading that Memnoch's shell games are faultlessly plausable. You know that that is simply not true. Now that you've heard what I've had to say, I want you to think about it.

In short, come within a mile of me and I'll deck you, mate. Bloody Sydneysiders... : P

Old 01-05-2001, 02:34 AM   #18
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Classic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2001, 02:46 AM   #19
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

No....
Old 01-05-2001, 02:48 AM   #20
Armisael

Ah yeah, I'm in Portsea, so don't expect me to be around very much. I've got to admit, I'm a bit curious as to why you chose me. Isn't there anyone from Adelaide on this board?