Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2003, 06:48 AM   #1
ShadowChild
Manshoon

~
~
~
~
~
~
~

I've just nipped back to the Duergar slaver base to pick up my reward for biffing the snot out of all the nasties in the caves - but each time i speak to the chap about it the only options i have state that i haven't killed all the monsters yet.

I've looked around the whole place numerous times and can't find a single thing left alive - i've killed all the Hook Horrors , Trolls, Jellies and Umber Hulks i can find - but theres nothing else, is there another area i've totally missed or could it be a bug?
Never violate a woman nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.<br /><br /><i>Druss The Legend</i>
ShadowChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 07:15 AM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Have you made sure that ALL of the umber hulk spawn points have been triggered? Also, there is a shambling mound off in a side passage after the jellies - did you get him too?

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 10:37 AM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

There is a known bug associated with the "clear out the caves" quest. It's related to the slime critters splitting too much and screwing up the quest flag. You never get credit for killing all the monsters because of that.

If you really have wiped every monster from the upper and lower areas, then you've got the bug. Either go on without the reward, or restore and try killing the slimes faster. There may be a patch to fix this (probably is, but it's been awhile!), but I don't think it's retroactive.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 11:23 AM   #4
Magness
Quintesson

The River Caves bug was fixed in the patch, IIRC.

However, it can also be fixed by typing the following line into the CLUA "cheat" console:

ctrlaltdelete:setglobal("ar5101_monsters_dead","global",1)
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote