Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2002, 01:07 AM   #11
dale
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Jem:
Dale -- the Boomerang Shuriken is one of your prizes from cleaning out the temple upon finishing off the infamous Sorceress Queen and her cohorts. Actually, I believe it -- and most of the better items there -- come from the next set of baddies you fight after you finish her group off. [img]smile.gif[/img]

That might be a while off -- so I'll just give him a sling of some sort and lots of bullets. I think that is the same skill for when he might get the boomerang shuriken.
Old 02-21-2002, 01:16 AM   #12
Nix
The Magister

quote:
Originally posted by Jem:
I started working on him with a Hayai Bo every other combat or so to raise his staff skills and then gave him the Zatoichi Bo when I got to Rapax Castle.

Hi Jem, I'm doing exactly the same thing now, since in my first game I found out too late how good the Zatoichi Bo was, had practically zilch in staff/wands when I got it. I don't recall exactly where I got the Z. Bo, could you please refresh my memory. Also would you know if it's a set or a random item? Jeez, I hope it's set, don't think I have the patience to have to keep redoing the castle just to get that weapon. Thanks in advance.
Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 03:56 AM   #13
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

Nix -- it's a set item that you can get using the deposit slips.
Old 02-21-2002, 11:11 AM   #14
Bear
Dungeon Master

I have not made it to the Rapax Castle yet but I managed (by big luck I guess) to get a Zatoichi Bo from a chest somewhere in the Sea Caves. It really is a very nice weapon. My Samurai had 0 in wand & staff but I think he's better with the Bo than with Bushido Blade/Enchanted Wak (sword skill approx 105)!
Old 02-24-2002, 10:47 AM   #15
Lat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Should I assume that the android is as effective as you all say only AFTER you fix him with the ointment? He's been in my party for a little while, and I didn't find the ointment before we met him. He hasn't done diddly-squat yet.
Lat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 12:46 PM   #16
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Yeah, I think you have to give him the NAS-81 or he won't be in very good shape. What you should do is get hold of some (if you don't have it already), detach him from the party, talk to him, click on "offer", then give him the NAS 81. You should see an improvement after that.

There are two places you can get NAS-81. One is behind the tower in Arnika. The other is behind one of the huts where you first find RFS. This one is hidden, so you have to search for it.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 12:29 PM   #17
GenXCub
Drow Warrior

I haven't tried it, since I got the NAS-81 behind the tower and not the secret one, but... can you give both to RFS? And if you can, does it improve anything?
Old 02-25-2002, 10:03 PM   #18
Lat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanx for the info on that 2nd RFS, Nightowl. I didn't want to have to go all the way back to Arnika for it.
Lat is offline   Reply With Quote