Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2008, 12:17 AM   #1
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
Default Vampire: The Masquerade; Bloodlines

I had played through this once before as a Gangrel and enjoyed it, but just finished as a Malkavian and it was so much more fun!!! Anyone else played this game as a Malk? Is the pen and paper game any fun? If you have the game and haven't tried it as a Malkavian,GO START A NEW CHARACTER NOW!!!
Old 09-09-2008, 09:05 AM   #2
dplax
Jack Burton

Default Re: Vampire: The Masquerade; Bloodlines

Malks are awesome in the game. I took one to about half the game, then finished the game with a Tremere. Never played the P&P, but I have the rulebooks for it. Will have to look into finding players.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:31 PM   #3
Stratos
Vampire

Yeah, playing as a Malkavian is a real treat. It's the only clan I've finished the game with. The male Malk pimp outfit is just too much. ;D
Old 10-03-2008, 03:39 AM   #4
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion

This is the only Troika game I've yet to get my dirty paws on. Couple of questions:

How do you gents think it compares to say the gameplay and atmosphere of Deus-Ex? (To which it seems a little similar). I loved Deus Ex.
And is it as buggy as many people make out -
what are your experiences like?

I have an old P&P manual for VtM, but haven't yet managed to convince my mates to let me DM a campaign yet.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:08 AM   #5
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

I loved both vampire and deus ex. The gameplay is similar, but the atmosphere in the two games is very different, vampire is more mature themed and has lots of horror elements. I remember Deus Ex being a little more linear, whereas in vampire you can revisit old areas later and get new information and quests. I also remember deus ex being a little longer, vampire seemed short when I finished it.

I didnt encounter many bugs, but i also used both the official patch and an unofficial one. One last note, I found melee combat in vampire frustrating compared to deus ex. Using guns in vampire was much more comfortable and satisfying.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:56 AM   #6
Stratos
Vampire

Well, you should definately get the patch. I started to play the game unpatched the first time and I couldn't even get out of the first training area; I couldn't draw my melee weapon. The patched game, however, worked fine for me.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:04 AM   #7
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah there is an interesting bug where sometimes when the tutorial start they forget to give you hands. I'm serious. If you keep restarting the game eventually it works. But definitely get the patch because there is an unavoidable game crashing bug about 60% in. How this got past testing is a mystery.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:22 AM   #8
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Try to find the unofficial patch for it too. Can't remember it's name, but it fixes bugs and adds some weapons that were previously unavailable.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:41 AM   #9
Stratos
Vampire

The pimp outfit for male Malkavians is priceless, but it needs some bling-bling.