Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2002, 06:47 PM   #1
Jim Wingert
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I need advice on getting the cheats to work in IWD.

I started playing IWD and then added the Heart of Winter module. After finishing each area [still in IWD Chapter 2 ] I look up what things should have been available and go back to make sure I find them. I discovered that I probably killed an NPC too early for him to summon Myrkul's Sending so I didn't get a lot of stuff I really need for Dragon's Eye area. Without starting over, I want to use cheats to create those select items [and maybe some healing potions!].

So, I found a list of cheat codes and put the "Cheats=1" line in my .ini file which should enable cheats. The HoW module contains patch 1.06 for IWD which was supposed to enable cheats. When I start the game I can get the [Control-Tab] window for entering cheats but when I enter them I get a reply "Nice try Cheater!" and no goods. I checked the syntax of my entry and it is correct in every keystroke with the semi-colon at the end and no spaces. I also made sure the case was correct for each character. Just to be sure it wasn't anything in the HoW module, I downloaded and installed patch 1.41 for HoW which says cheats are enabled in the accompanying text file. Still no joy.

Suggestions??
Old 07-13-2002, 05:04 PM   #2
Spanner_razor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think in HOW you need to put in the prefix GETYOURCHEATON: to enable the cheat keys not the original cheat code from IWD as I had the same problem.Look at the cheat sheet for HOW on the ironworks home page int he icewind dale section for the list of cheats but that should fix your problem.
Spanner_razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 11:09 PM   #3
Jim Wingert
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Spanner - the change to GETYOURCHEATON worked. Sure is easier battling trolls when you have at least one fire based weapon. My problem before was that the random weapons I got in various places did not include any fire based ones and I could not afford to buy any. Very frustrating.