Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2002, 01:23 PM   #21
MagiK

I do not wish to be thought a Nazi Sympathizer here, but the Germans got a bum rap on how many Russians they killed. The truth is, Germans only accounted for roughtly 3-5 million casualties in that war, Stalin is directly responsible for nearly 15 million russian deaths, between his purges and his having all his experienced military staff killed or enslaved in his gulags.

Nazi Germany was evil, I agree but lets blame them for their actions and not heap other people evils on to them.

Old 05-08-2002, 01:23 PM   #22
Lord Shield

I suspect Donut was referring to this sentence:

Why would you flame Uss? Because he was in the wrong side, yes? Well, anyone, who tells him he's nazi because he didn't think he'd like to be in the side of Americans, English nor the russians when talking bout the war, should shut up.

To which I say "THRRRRRPP!!!"

Old 05-08-2002, 01:24 PM   #23
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
quote:
Originally posted by uss:
sorry for everybody who hates me because i keep talking about it but most of this s**t was told to me by my brother and also my teacher, but right now, in this very room- here he is! the man, the myth(not really): my brother. im sure you will like to beat him up soon. you`ll see
Uss, I will be keeping a VERY close eye on this topic as it is a very divisive and inflammatory one. We allow all to have their say as long as they do so politely and with respect for others. We take a pretty dim view of Nazi sympathizers/apologists here, as do most of the world. Your brother is entitled to his opinion and has had his say - if his statement causes a flame war to erupt I will be locking the thread, irrespective of who starts it.

At the end of the day this is a private forum, so I'm not really prepared to listen to freedom of speech arguments. Certain things we just don't talk about. This is Ziroc's house, he is our friend - be polite and respectful at all times. [img]graemlins/kissy2.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]yes, i have taken your words into careful consideration. i extra said to my brother that he will NOT flame anybody a couple of times [img]smile.gif[/img] . i hope nothing bad like flaming happens in this thread. i respect the rules, trust me
btw, this topic is also very interesting to me because im protecting the "wrong" side.
Old 05-08-2002, 01:26 PM   #24
MagiK

Khazman...your comments about the Soviets was right on. There were more than enough attrocities by the soviets to hold war crimes trials...but it never happened.

Old 05-08-2002, 01:29 PM   #25
MagiK

Just wanted to post that Uss is right about one thing at least, not all the German troops were guilty of war crimes or atrocities, Many of the Regular Army groups were honorable in combat, Erwin Rommel in particular refused to mistreat his prisoners in Africa (while he was there at least) in direct violation of orders from Hitler.

I prefer accuracy to whitewashing whole groups of people due to the actions of a few or even most.

Old 05-08-2002, 01:29 PM   #26
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Hey uss brother,
Why don't you get your own account instead of using your little brothers.

Stand on your own feet and use your own voice.

It's not hard. All it takes is an email address, and a little time.

Once you do, we can talk.
Yorick, i dont think my brother would like to register because tis is an RPG forum. he mostly plays FPS games. i just showed him the first WW2 thread i made and he wanted to say his part because he is a WW2 fan.
Old 05-08-2002, 01:42 PM   #27
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
I do not wish to be thought a Nazi Sympathizer here, but the Germans got a bum rap on how many Russians they killed. The truth is, Germans only accounted for roughtly 3-5 million casualties in that war, Stalin is directly responsible for nearly 15 million russian deaths, between his purges and his having all his experienced military staff killed or enslaved in his gulags.

Nazi Germany was evil, I agree but lets blame them for their actions and not heap other people evils on to them.
thanks, MagiK! i belive youre the first person that doesnt put the Soviets stuff aside and starts talking about Nazi evil things.

overall, one thing i truly belive about WW2 is that though the Nazi were evil and sometimes brutal, Soviet was worse.
Old 05-08-2002, 01:50 PM   #28
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

True enough. The Germans could have gotten alot of support among the soviet population. They were pretty tired of Stalin and his gang. Unfortunatly, the Germans were even worse. Imagine the slaughter that would have occured if they would have succeeded in conquering the SU.
Old 05-08-2002, 01:57 PM   #29
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Erm, Uss, I'd just like to point out that what your brother said may be innacurate (hey, look! I'm being a lot more diplomatic than usual! WOW! )
Nazi Germany was not "Losing the war from the beggining". In fact, if they had not taken on Russia, they probably would have invaded Britain. Hey, France fell.
Old 05-08-2002, 03:05 PM   #30
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
overall, one thing i truly belive about WW2 is that though the Nazi were evil and sometimes brutal, Soviet was worse.
Lets make a distinction here, in general yes the Nazis were a lot worse then the Soviet army. The entire german army? No. But the Nazi's and the crimes they committed during the extent of the war? Most defenitley.