Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2003, 02:10 PM   #1
Firim Silraven
Dungeon Master

I'm in the romance with Viconia, and everythings going great, she's changed alignment and it's hunky dory. But I've now had one dialogue come up 3 times, and not moving on. It's one where she's asking about love, and could her feelings be love. I think it might be the one after she's changed alignment, but I can't remember. So why isn't it moving on? Could it be a bug? But I've got the official patch and the Baldurdash fixpack. Waah! Whats wrong? Anyone?
Old 09-03-2003, 02:26 AM   #2
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Maybe hanging around Jahiera for too long has affected her

*grins*

LEVEL UP!!!
Old 09-04-2003, 03:34 AM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Baldur's Gate is a computer game.
Computer games have bugs.
Baldur's Gate has bugs.

Run a search (on this forum and/or the Shadows of Amn forum) using the word "Romance Problem." Gosh, look at all those threads.
Old 09-04-2003, 03:51 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Your pessimism in the in-game romances is annoying, Six. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Firim, where in the game are you? Love talks are usually triggered by locations in ToB.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 05:17 AM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Your pessimism in the in-game romances is annoying, Six. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Remember how excited I got that Caedmon's Romance with Jaheira looked like it was progressing further than I had ever gotten before, and her Quest seemed to be working again too?

No such luck, of course, on either front. Don't talk to me on what is & is not annoying.
Old 09-04-2003, 05:26 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Well, despite your unfortunate spate of romance failures, must you rub it off on the others. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Not everybody has problems with the in-game romances, and to imply to newcomers otherwise is quite aggravating to those who can help them.

I sympathise with your plight, but your case is not everybody's case.
Old 09-04-2003, 06:22 AM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Well, on that note, I can cheerfully report that I've never had a problem with Aerie's Romance, or Viconia's (well, apart from the impossibility of knowing how she wants you to respond this time), and never any bugs with Anomen, either. It's only Jaheira that makes me want to strangle her.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:08 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Hey, any sane man will want to strangle Jaheira. I consider it a great personal achievement not breaking down and killing her halfway through the romance( the only reason why I brought Jaheira all the way to the end of ToB).
Old 09-04-2003, 08:40 AM   #9
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

Light Bulb

I guess I'm insane then...well, I'm quite fond of Jaheira, and always feel like lack something when I went through SoA/ToB without romancing her@"@

anyway...it makes most sense, not just personal liking or disliking romanciable NPC or testing of personal character, to take Jaheira through the whole BG saga = BG1 - SoA - ToB. imo, in the game designers' minds there is a core story in which the Jaheira romance is part of that core story. Although there's no romance feature in BG1, the "sign" of the Jaheira romance has already been shown in BG1.

[ 09-04-2003, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: teardropmina ]