Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2002, 05:15 AM   #1
jsteng
Dungeon Master

The android RFS-81 is suppose to be a MONK right? As a monk he uses Kick and Punch attacks right (as shown on the character info)?

Rynjin Thralls uses Kick attacks. This means, if Rynjin can kick any of my "At the back" characters, then it should be obvious that RFS-81, being a front-liner, should be able to kick back at those Rynjins.

Am afraid this isnt so.. Those Rynjins can kick at a distance, yet I could not kick back? Nor can two of my Sword fighters as well as Vi (Polearm) could not use their melee weapons!

Rynjins are infront and are not positioned at the back.

This makes me think, those Rynjins either have extra long legs far longer than a long sword or polearm, or my swords and polearms are just 2 inches long.

[ 01-29-2002: Message edited by: jsteng ]

jsteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 07:58 AM   #2
Mr-Creed
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by jsteng:

This makes me think, those Rynjins either have extra long legs far longer than a long sword or polearm, or my swords and polearms are just 2 inches long.

As Grandpa Simpson would say:"a little bit from column A and a little bit from column B"

That is strange though, now you mention it. Maybe living in the water so long has given the Rynjin the ability to stretch, much like an octopus or something :0
Mr-Creed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 08:04 PM   #3
SledgeHammer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The Rynjin do have very long legs. I think the game designers designed them that way in order for them to be suited to mid- to long-range fighting. At long range, they throw magic at you. At mid-range, they can kick you. At close range, they're toast (their weak spot).

If you want to engage them in melee you should use the walk fuction during combat.
Old 01-29-2002, 08:13 PM   #4
vesselle
Hathor

~~sledgehammer~~

you're totally right about that! anything that uses long distance attacks and stays well out of your reach means only one thing.... LOL.... tricky little so and so's. [img]smile.gif[/img]

run or walk up to their stinky little faces ASAP to reduce them to goo ASAP. i HATE those enemies that try to nickel and dime you from a distance. they just make me mad. and i am NOT pretty when i get mad!

V***V
Old 01-29-2002, 08:23 PM   #5
Goumindong
Manshoon

your cute when your mad..

*persists in picking away at the blond brigade with magic from afar*
Goumindong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 09:04 PM   #6
jsteng
Dungeon Master

So you are saying Rynjin's legs are longer than a polearm then....

Short Swords are usually 2~3 feet long, long shorts usually 4~6 feet,
Polearms are usually, 8 to 10 feet long, bullwhips even longer. And Rynjin's legs are longer than that?

I hope one of those shopkeepers have Rynjin Legs for sale so I can use that as a weapon and kick them with their own two legs... HAHA..

Walking/Running up to them? I know that... How does walking/running up to 6 of them = 6~12 turns needed sound? It only takes them 2~3 turns to kill 2 to 4 of my party.
Old 01-29-2002, 10:35 PM   #7
Moni

Its those big feet.

I used magic against them until I had gained enough levels to have the hitpoints for my mage to survive a kick to the face before I tried melee. The worst are the Rynjin Elites.
Old 01-30-2002, 01:00 AM   #8
chimera99
The Magister

I agree with you jsteng. The comics had one superhero that had stretchy arms and legs. We have to fight an entire race. Note that, at least relative to their dimensions on the screen, there is no way they could kick that far. Oh well, that just proves this is a true fantasy game...
chimera99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 01:09 AM   #9
yoodaa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

jsteng,

Was Vi on the flanks in your party formation? If so, then her polearm's extended reach is only equivalent to a short-range weapon; this is because she's behind the front-line in terms of range.
Old 01-30-2002, 01:23 AM   #10
jsteng
Dungeon Master

For this particular encounter I have:
Front liners: 1 Fighter + RFS-81 + Vi
Center: 2 Bishops
Left: Ranger
Right: Fighter + Gadgeteer

However, I oftentimes have
Front line: 2 Fighters + RFS-81 (or Myles)
Right: Ranger
Left: Gadgeteer
Center: 2 Bishops + Vi (at the front center)
and using this formation, sometimes, the enemy is melee range to Vi yet missile range to the front liners.. This occured most of the time especially when I encountered mauligators in the swamp.

I like putting Vi at the center because she can do melee to any enemy that gets close to the group whether it be front, side or back due to her long polearm. But against Rynjins, her polearm is like a butter knife vs a 10 feet leg.

I have to set walk/run and move towards ONE single rynjin per turn to make my melee chars effective.

Right now, the only time I managed to win a fight against rynjin was when I run away and hide behind a rock-mountain corner and wait for them to pop up ONE at a time. killed 5 of them. But cant do it againts those waiting inside that sea of caves area.