Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2003, 04:41 PM   #1
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I just spent $52.00 on the PC verison of Bethesde softworks and walt Disneys Priates of the carabbean and I have never in my life played a worse pile of trash. First and only good point the graphics are great and thats it.
in order to use sword play you need to use both hands on the keyboard and use both mouse keys and roll it around at the same time. The inventory system is the worst I have ever seen and the comands and the conversation cover 60% of the whole screen. Then to use something you have to scroll through this endless aray of Items that you don't even have in your inventory and while your looking for and item your ship gets blown out of the water. why did bethesda ever join up with disney? Lets hope the X-Box verson works out better for them Because the PC version Really SUCKS. I'm taking it back to the software store right now and get my money back. DAMN I wanted this game so bad and to find this piece of crap in its place really pissed me off!!!
Sorry to all you fine people here at IW but, I had to warn you that if you are not an expert typest and have a third hand to operate the mouse at the same time don't bother with the PC verison.
[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

and to those of you that require perfect puncuation in a post. Sit on it!!

Boy when I get back from the store I'm going to every site in the RPG world of the internet to let them know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2003, 04:45 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

When I heard they were making that game I was pretty sure it would suck...
Old 07-01-2003, 04:48 PM   #3
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Arrow

Thanks for the warning. I bet you dollars to Donuts you're not getting any money back, though -- except maybe for selling it "used."
Old 07-01-2003, 05:28 PM   #4
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

i was guessing it would suck
only good pirate game i've ever played was Monkey island 1 and 2. onyl ones i can think of with a terrible headache that is...oh welll... and i'd rather not sit on it. i don't know where "its" been.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:39 PM   #5
Masklinn

Very few video games based on movies are good.
Can you even name some ? (I have none in mind atm).

Matrix anyone ? Yuck...
Old 07-01-2003, 05:39 PM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I read something on MSN about two weeks ago, and cannot find it now, but it mentioned that these game developers knew that people would buy anything as long as it had the appearance of being teh official game of the movie, and they even quoted a guy saying something along those lines. The report I read said that 99% of all games that are made quickly like that to come out the same time the movie did was going to be bad. I wish I could find the article for you.

[ 07-01-2003, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 07-01-2003, 07:34 PM   #7
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I buy all my games at EB games or Game Stop also known as software Ect. and both stores give at least a 10 day full return of any PC or console game. I Got this one at game stop and I already took it back and thet gave me the choice of cash return or store credit what ever I wished. I took store credit because, I'll spend at least 5 times that befor December anyway. In fact I'm going back there right now because they just started their summer hours and stay open untill 9:00 P.M. and it's only 7:35 right now so I'll be back in 45 minutes with some other game or maybe an X-box game so TTFN.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:11 PM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

wow, as this game comes from Bethesda I was hoping to buy it. thanks for the warning though I think I'll stay away from this game.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:19 PM   #9
Sythe
Ra

Anybody here played the game Seadogs? I looked at the screenshots looks nice. Because of your warning you saved me from wastin 50 bucks. Looks so much like Seadogs man. Seadogs the best pirate RPG yet.

You can allie yourself to be a privateer with the French, English, Spanish and of course yourself.

You can board other ships or other ships board you and have a sword fights all with a click of the mouse. Y

If you take over a merchant ship you go sail to a port and sell it's goods such as maghony wood!

Ship battle would leave you in awe as cannon balls from your ship being shot at your enmiees. You can personnaly assign crew and CHOOSE a First Mate or a Navagatior and others.

All of this is very realistic you have a reputation and it's affected by your actions. And your rep would effect the loyalty of your crew to you. If you are Chaotic Evil then your crew will mutininy and you shall be hanged. (And you actually get to see it to)

Such a good game I suggest you buy it if you like Pirates and realistic RPG's.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:56 AM   #10
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Yes I've Played Sea Dogs and that was a fun game . The new Priates of the Carbbean got crazy with the pari-block thrust-block right-thrust turn lunge. Each word I just put up uses a different "SET" of keys not just a different Key each, then move your mouse at the same time while clicking on the two buttons on your mouse while clicking on the arrow keys and the space bar all at the same time pluss hitting the "W" and "S" keys. Drove me crazy and then the trainer says "well your not much of a sword fighter! You'll be dead in seconds if you keep fighting like that. So lets come back to sword play at a later date" and I said "Yes much Later" and put everything back in the box and Got a Refund!!

So in its place I bought "Enclave" and also "Rise of nations" and "Freelancer".
Now you want to talk about usin alot of keys Freelancer Uses 80% of the keys on the keyboard but not during space battles. You only use your mouse and the Left button is the turbo jets and the right button is your guns and with the left hand you use the letter "Q" to launch missels and "shift Q" to launch torpedos while using your mouse wheel to guide the space fighter. "Freelancer"is a kick ass game so far. You can play for free using Game spy on line if you want but you dont have to and, 56K dial up works just fine no glitches. I got that from a guy that I was playing with tonight. He was keeping up with my cable broad band and I saw no problems. MY first RPG in space, fast action and when the bad guys show up never a dull moment. The graphics are fantastic. A++ game

[ 07-02-2003, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]