Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2001, 05:57 AM   #11
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

You have no choice now Jo you have to come visit me with you and your big pumpkin truck in NZ. I found the easy way to do this is to strap either about 5 or so doughboys under the bottom of the truck. Or if all else fails go round up calebs cousin the stay puffed marshmellow man and he will keep you afloat in the ocean.

P.s I live in the 3rd world country some like to call New Zealand in a little place called Hamletville, be warned you may be accosted at any time by dough boy spies!

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

"I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go. For all this theres only one thing you should know....."
Old 06-04-2001, 06:08 AM   #12
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
You have no choice now Jo you have to come visit me with you and your big pumpkin truck in NZ. I found the easy way to do this is to strap either about 5 or so doughboys under the bottom of the truck. Or if all else fails go round up calebs cousin the stay puffed marshmellow man and he will keep you afloat in the ocean.

P.s I live in the 3rd world country some like to call New Zealand in a little place called Hamletville, be warned you may be accosted at any time by dough boy spies!

What? What happened to Aotearoa?

Hey in all seriousness, I reckon that's a better name don't you? "Zealand" is the Anglicisation of the Isle that Copenhagen is built on, though there are half a dozen "Zeelands" about.

Don't you love "New South Wales"? South Wales is so tiny you could cover it in a few hours by car. "New South Wales" despite being ridiculously larger than the original, was also originally the name for most of Australia!

Also Azure Wolf, in the Aussie constitution it mentions New Zealand - by name, as another State of Australia. So, I believe, if Russell Crowe and the other Kiwis in favour of unification had their way, no referendum on constitutional change would need to take place in Oz for it to happen.

Finally there are supposedly more Maoris in Sydney than Aotearoa.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 06-04-2001, 06:43 AM   #13
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

What? What happened to Aotearoa?

Hey in all seriousness, I reckon that's a better name don't you? "Zealand" is the Anglicisation of the Isle that Copenhagen is built on, though there are half a dozen "Zeelands" about.

Don't you love "New South Wales"? South Wales is so tiny you could cover it in a few hours by car. "New South Wales" despite being ridiculously larger than the original, was also originally the name for most of Australia!

Also Azure Wolf, in the Aussie constitution it mentions New Zealand - by name, as another State of Australia. So, I believe, if Russell Crowe and the other Kiwis in favour of unification had their way, no referendum on constitutional change would need to take place in Oz for it to happen.

Finally there are supposedly more Maoris in Sydney than Aotearoa.

More maoris in Sydney then here???? Shit that would be a first half the population of Auckland is maoris almost.
And NZ being a state of Aussie is absolute BS! No offense but i dont know where the hell they came up with that. Probably some outdated but of info from the dead British empire

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

"I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go. For all this theres only one thing you should know....."
Old 06-04-2001, 07:01 AM   #14
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
More maoris in Sydney then here???? Shit that would be a first half the population of Auckland is maoris almost.
And NZ being a state of Aussie is absolute BS! No offense but i dont know where the hell they came up with that. Probably some outdated but of info from the dead British empire

No, no, no I don't think you understand. I'm not saying NZ is a state of Australia, just that in the Australian constitution there is provision for New Zealand to be another state if it desired it, as the guys that initiated Federation in Oz. envisaged ALL the British colonies of the region as being the one federation. For some reason N.Z. wasn't into it at the time, but there are New Zealanders like Russell Crowe who reckon it would be a good thing. (There are plenty of Kiwis over there after all )

Much like NZ/Oz rivalry, there was/is plenty of rivalry between the states - that's why Canberra was built. Neither Sydney or Melbourne could stand the other being the capital.

So no it's not b/s and it wasn't Britain that proposed it.

Re. the Maoris that's what I heard about their situation. Mind you Sydney alone has a million more people than all of NZ so it's not that big a deal.

Azure I hope you're not getting hot under the collar there are you? I have plenty of Kiwi mates who I've played much good music with. Hell, if you're from New Zealand Australia will adopt you and call you one of them For example see: Russell Crowe, Sam Neil, Crowded House (2 Kiwis one Aussie) Marc Hunter and Brother (from Dragon), Jenny Morris, etc etc etc....)

------------------

Old 06-04-2001, 07:14 AM   #15
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

No dont worry I dont take offense easily I just sort of took what you were saying out of context np But if I ever wanted NZ to become a state of aussie then both sides would have to change alot. I got absolute shit for having a kiwi accent when i lived in aussie, and i hated it so much i moved back here and then it was just as bad since at that time i had just gotten an aussie accent. It is back to normal now thankfully but I went through hell for it and I'm just saying it is not going to happen anytime soon.

------------------

Old 06-04-2001, 07:17 AM   #16
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Heek noe. Whoe gaeve youe shut? I wuddent hev. Ez I sed. I worked wuth a lut uv Neow Zullunders. End they were veery nice peeple.

------------------

Old 06-04-2001, 07:32 AM   #17
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Heek noe. Whoe gaeve youe shut? I wuddent hev. Ez I sed. I worked wuth a lut uv Neow Zullunders. End they were veery nice peeple.

LOL. Damn I had trouble understanding that myself let alone others who havent heard a aussie accent before

------------------

Old 06-04-2001, 07:42 AM   #18
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
LOL. Damn I had trouble understanding that myself let alone others who havent heard a aussie accent before

Eh? Uts meent to bay Neow Zullunder!! Ruch thuck end crummy fush und chups end awl thet!!!

------------------

Old 06-04-2001, 07:46 AM   #19
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:

A 'Strayan assen 'ud be mawva challenge. Ya gotta wride it like ya say it.
Done-cha reckon? Flamein' eck this 's 'ard.

------------------

Old 06-04-2001, 07:47 AM   #20
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Eh? Uts meent to bay Neow Zullunder!! Ruch thuck end crummy fush und chups end awl thet!!!

Geez NZ accent aye? my head is spinning trying to understand you now!

------------------