Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2001, 04:58 PM   #1
Juano
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, i was going around and picking up each of the NPCs to do their quests and when I got to the one about Mazzy's sister I've gotten stuck.

Once the quest starts I have:
Gone back to Trademeet
Gone into the Fentan House (nothing happens)

At this point I think that it is supposed to direct me to the merchant that sold him the potion, but nothing happens, even if I initiate dialog they just give me a standard greeting, I've tried to go talk to the merchant without being prompted, but again nothing happens. It's not a big deal, I'm planning on dropping Mazzy once this quest is over and I know that it is not worth much XP, but it still annoys me.

Many Thanks for any help.
Juano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 05:09 PM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Welcome to the boards. Have you been summoned to Trademeet yet? If so, is someone lying on the bed? If so, try initiating dialog at the Fentan home. I've never encountered this before, so if that doesn't work, I'm not sure what to do. Also, if you have been summoned, did you do a full install? If not, did it prompt you for CD3?
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 05:16 PM   #3
Juano
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the welcome.

I have been summoned back to Trademeet.

Her sister is standing (not lying on the bed) but when i try to talk to her it responds parenthetically (is that a word) that she is sleeping fitfully, the mom won't talk to me, the boyfrind says "please help her" but nothing else.

I did a full install so it didn't ask for the CD.

Thanks, I'm vexed
Old 12-08-2001, 05:19 PM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

It seems like there's a bug with the dialogue somewhere... do you have the latest patch installed?
Do you still have a savegame from before you got the quest/entered Trademeet?
Old 12-08-2001, 05:25 PM   #5
Juano
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah, I tried to install the newest patch and it said that I already had it installed.

This is the second time that I've tried this, I had a save from before I even picked up Mazzy, restarted from there and the same thing happened again.

I even tried to kill the merchant once to see if he would drop any evidence that I could use. Of course, this didn't go over too well with the rest of my party and he didn't drop anything I could use.

Thanks, I might just have to live with it.
Old 12-08-2001, 07:35 PM   #6
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Is Mazzy still in your party ? If so try to talk to the people inside the Fentan house with Mazzy. Select her and let her do the talking or try to initiate the dialogue with your PC. Sometimes dialogue is character specific, meaning that that dialogue will only work if you use the appropriate character.
Old 12-09-2001, 02:22 AM   #7
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Have Mazzy talk to the merchant too. Every time I had that quest, she would initiate dialog on her own, to the merchant that sold the potion. Also, did you finish all the dialog with the person that summoned you, because there is some quest specific info in that dialog. Really just grasping at straws here, but how many of the other quests have you already done. There's a global? variable in the game, and you MIGHT have met that variable. I wouldn't know how to raise it either.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 08:08 AM   #8
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Ooh, is there a limit is the number of side quests you can do? I always wondered when I was trying to put off going to Spellhold, why things like the Shadow Paladins and the Temple of Helm, didn't work. They're trying to tell you to stop stalling. Go recue Imoen before she goes insane?
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 05:56 PM   #9
Juano
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, here was the problem. I hadn't let Mazzy join my group when we first met so she had gone back to her house to wait there. When I went there to pick her up I dropped Nalia. Since she has absolutely no initiative of her own (aren't most rich chicks like that) she just waits right where she is, in this case the Fentan home. Apparentlly her standing there is what was preventing the game from initiating the dialog when I returned to the Fantan house. So I dropped her before going into the house and then picked up Mazzy. Now the dialog will work as it's supposed to.

Thanks for the help guys