Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2004, 05:46 PM   #1
TheHoodedRonin
Welcomed New User

Alright so I'm new to this game. Took it from a friend to try out. Now at around lvl 14 or so I made a bound sword permanent by dropin it on the ground. Then a day or so later I downloaded the patch and installed that. Now i cant drop the sword or sell it and I want to get rid of it. Is there anyway to delete it or does anyone know where I can find a character editor of some sort? I tried to find an editor the other day and the only thing I got was a few hours of entertainment cleanin up viruses.

TheHoodedRonin

*Team Douche*(A subsidiary of the Cock Clan, and Team Murder)

[ 07-08-2004, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: TheHoodedRonin ]
Old 07-08-2004, 06:00 PM   #2
promethius9594
Drizzt Do'Urden

can you switch weapons? it doesnt weigh anything, so it won't burden you. if you can still cycle through weapons, just keep it.

bound longswords are useful for when you need to fight a creature with almost 100% reflect ability. i personally have a permanent bound longsword, battleaxe, and bow that i keep on me at all times. best of luck.
Old 07-09-2004, 05:17 AM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

reinstall your game minus the new patch. The bound longsword is stuck in your inventory forever. unless of course you know how to use TES : Editor to get rid of that item.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 05:43 AM   #4
Radek
Red Dragon

I don't think the game editor will help. The basis of the problem is that Ronin has exploited a bug in the original game, which was corrected by the patch. The natural result is an unpredictable behavior of the game.
Ronin can try the console but I am not sure whether it will help. Perhaps, some "reset" commands? The chances are low. I recommend giving up the current game and starting a new one.
Old 07-09-2004, 05:51 AM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

You can get rid of any item using the editor even if it is in your save game. just convert the save game into esm file/esp file? and then open it in your editor.

edit : however I don't really recommend this as it might damage your savegame file. as promethius9594 have said it the item don't weight anything so it won't bother your character carrying capability.

[ 07-09-2004, 05:53 AM: Message edited by: Kakero ]
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 01:35 PM   #6
promethius9594
Drizzt Do'Urden

you can also remove it via the console, although i dont know the specific command. the UESP walkthrough site would have that information.

as i said, though, i would recommend holding onto it in order to have it around for when your enchanted blades run out of charge as a sturdy weapon backup.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:02 AM   #7
DalekBoy
The Magister

you could be getting off worse. you might have been stuck with a trident of longing (yes, i am talking about the one from D&D, and no, you cant get it. but still, just trying to be positive!)