Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 02:53 PM   #1
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

We've got a nice thread at the top with what games are looking for players, but why don't we hear from the players who are looking for games?

Who's got the time and interest in a game? What do you have the time for and the interest in?

I propose that every player here who seeks something to play in post how often they can post, barring unforeseen circumstances. Can you post every day? Every weekend? Twice a week?

And also that they post what sort of thing they seek, either just a general setting: Do you want to be a mobster, a werewolf or a vampire? Do you want to swing a Sword of Murderhacking +12 against ogres? Maybe you want to fly in spaceships while shooting at aliens and defeating galactic empires? Or a specific system/world(Like maybe you want 3rd edition D&D, maybe you want Star Wars, maybe you want Call of Cthulhu, maybe you want All Flesh Must Be Eaten, that sort of thing.). I suppose people could even mention if there's just some sort of character they really want to play(Like a clever mobster or a vegetarian Illithid.) and don't care about the game, just want a setting where they'd fit in somewhat and the DM would allow their kind of character.

I figure this would help any DM's lurking around and considering running a game to know what sort of things would be well-received and likely to attract dudes and dudettes.
PurpleXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:21 AM   #2
Caleb808
Dungeon Master

Well, this thread bombed.
Caleb808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:47 AM   #3
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I think, perhaps, everyone who is looking to join a game already has or doesn't know about this little corner of IW.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:17 PM   #4
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Caleb808:
Well, this thread bombed.
Yeah, well, probably because instead of writing a good post I went and bombed... YOUR MOM.

You got zinged. HARD.
PurpleXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:52 AM   #5
Caleb808
Dungeon Master

It's ok, I understand you need to vent your frustration from having your thread turn out to be a complete failure. We're all friends here...let the walls down.

[ 04-10-2007, 05:32 AM: Message edited by: Caleb808 ]
Caleb808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:46 PM   #6
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Default Re: Questions for players(Those who currently are or those who wish to be)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleXVI View Post
Yeah, well, probably because instead of writing a good post I went and bombed... YOUR MOM.

You got zinged. HARD.
Wow, i havent heard the ole "your mom" in forever. lol.

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:43 PM   #7
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Default Re: Questions for players(Those who currently are or those who wish to be)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleXVI View Post

You got zinged. HARD.
Not as hard as... HIS MOM.