Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2003, 05:03 PM   #1
SecretMaster
Apophis

I think the time for an announcement of Wiz9 can be within a few months. Why? Because they've finally fixed their wiz8 tech support forum, which was hacked by MSN terrorists, and Sirtech's website is up and running again. Now, many forums for Wiz8 that i belong too all share the same thought, Wiz9 is coming. Lets look at it this way. First, may 5th, linda and ian currie say they are 100% sure that Wiz9 will be made. A few months later, Sirtech reopens their site thats been down for ages, and now all of the sudden have time to fix their tech support forum. It looks promising.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 05:28 PM   #2
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Yay!!! I wouldn't hold my breath, tho. These complicated games take time to develop. And we do want them to get it right the first time. Yes?
Old 10-25-2003, 05:44 PM   #3
SecretMaster
Apophis

Me neither, but atleast Sir tech is up and running, so for me, the hopes are high. Now all they need is a good gaming engine, like the DOom III one or something good.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 04:22 AM   #4
sultan

Light Bulb

agreed, SM - if they could take the wiz 8 character system, with some tweaks and new options, but put it inside updated graphics and a faster combat system... *deep breath* whew!
Old 10-26-2003, 08:54 AM   #5
Halsey
Dungeon Master

Again, agreed, Sultan. Most of us would pay for just an expanded version that included all of the original game (before it was rushed to completion). We'll hold our collective breath.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 02:14 PM   #6
Rezdude03
Manshoon

Hi Secret Master,

Well lets hope that it dose come soon. i know we are all excited and are ready for its arrival. ive heard many rumors but lets hope this is the real deal.

by the way, hows the wizardry 8 book coming?

[ 10-26-2003, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: Rezdude03 ]
\"We three, though born on different days, swear an oath of brotherhood\"<br />\"And vow to die the same year, same month and the very same day\"<br />\"Come, my Brothers\' destiny awaits!\"<br />-Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Liu Bei/ Dynasty Warriors 4
Rezdude03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 09:57 PM   #7
Gab
Zhentarim Guard

What do you suppose Wizardry 9 could be about?
Old 10-27-2003, 12:55 AM   #8
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

I read many posts in this forum about a new Wizardry part. But I cannot believe
that because IMO the serie was finished ( what can Cosmic Lords do in a new part ?? ) There are no different endings unlike in the other parts of the serie. I also think it wouldn't be great to return back to the sword maybe to fight a new enemy that steal the Forge ( again ? ) or fight a conquerer that throw us out of the Circle ( how ? ).

If there will be another game from Sir-Tech ( maybe similar ), I think they will start a new story.
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 05:48 PM   #9
sultan

agreed, loudhy. in a way, it sounds like they were capping off a great series in anticipation of never being able to do it again. so, assuming they do get the chance to build on this, i'd expect them to take the character engine and party concept into a new world of challenges.

i should say that, having never played wiz1-wiz7, i'm not tied to the cosmic lord, etc. stuff, either.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:06 PM   #10
Richard_Cypher
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've played them all. Bought them all day of release, too. I love the series. More than any other game I've played. And I've learned something about SirTech. Wanna hear it?

Speculating on a release date is a worthless waste of time. They'll push it back and push it back. Each and every single game has been this way. You get your hopes up... run around in circles and make messy all over the carpet... you get nada. Never. Nunca. Nothing. My grandkids will be too old to play by the time they release the next game.