Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2001, 05:27 PM   #1
Starinth

Oh my! I had stored several items with an extra character in the Inn at Ishad N'ha, but when I recently returned I found some of them missing. I wouldn't particularly worry, but I think one of them is a quest item I'll need later in the game: The Tome of Fire. (Two other books were also missing, but these were just magic books I hadn't identified yet, so I can always buy them later.)

I went back through my saved games and finally found one where I still had the Tome of Fire. I tested it out - entered Ishad N'ha, left the tome with my holder character at the Inn, left town, turned around and immediately returned, and the tome was missing again.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Is there any workaround? Will I need this book later? I can go a long way back and replay, but I'll lose about three weeks (real time, not Gael Serran time!)

Help ...
Old 01-24-2001, 05:35 PM   #2
Serath
Manshoon

This is a problem that a few people have run into. Most people drop their stuff outside the gate of Ishad N'ha. Things seem to stay put there.

Serath
"We must rest soon, Boo is getting surly...*squeak!*"
Serath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 05:36 PM   #3
Nancy

You may leave quest items outside the town gates. They will always be there when you return. Any other items will eventually disappear, but quest items will not. As for leaving items in the inn with another character, I don't know, I have never tried it.
Old 01-24-2001, 05:50 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

It is a known problem that leaving quest items with some character in the inn results in the item disappearing. I do not know if the patch was supposed to have fixed that problem. You can store quest items, such as the tome, outside the west gate of Ishad N'ha as has already been recommended.

Such a terrible way to learn about this problem. Did you decide to restore your game back to where you still had it?

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 10:37 PM   #5
Starinth

(Sobbing through her tears) ... Oh, dear, back to 12/21/00, a date that will live in infamy ... Never again (she swore loudly) will I ever patronize that lousy inn!

Starinth
Old 01-25-2001, 05:49 PM   #6
UncleJoe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've had good luck (so far! playing for about 4 weeks) leaving stuff with a character in the inn at Valiea. Haven't tried leaving anything outside the gate. What I HAVE had problems with is stuff just disappearing from inventory in other locations in town AND out of towns. Happened today. Lost a perfectly good longsword +1 in the Bushi Do. Used the revert feature to go back and sell it before it got lost again. Also have had items just up and walk off at other locations. Feels like a bug to me.
UncleJoe is offline   Reply With Quote