Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2000, 12:43 AM   #1
Onabe

Do those irritating Swamp mucks and Man eating plants (forget the name) over by Ishad Nha re-spawn after you kill them.
I just left the East gate and got jumped (and annihilated) by 3 swamp mucks and a 'Man-eater' (or whatever). I am wondering if I am going to have to fight my way through these everytime I leave the gate. If they don't respawn I will attempt to kill them. But if they do I'm probably going to have to start over. Cause that's just a bad damn place to have them

Any help on how to kill them would be nice also. My dragon breath is like gnats to them and flamestrike doesn't hurt them much either. I did get through them once by flamedropping them as I ran by. I still lost 2 chars in the process and the rest were killed on the way back into town
Old 12-15-2000, 12:51 AM   #2
Lily the Ranger

My Amazonai mantraps DID NOT respawn. I have met some wandering Mucks but I have my spawn meter on High. Flamedrop can keep them in place, and they are rather slow up hill and can even get stuck around a corner. Get far enough away that you can flame them or dodge their poison (haven't had much luck with the latter) and use fire. Nothing else has worked for me.
Old 12-15-2000, 01:21 PM   #3
Onabe

Thanks for the that bit of good news. I'm in the Temple now, so hopefully when I get done I'll have a decent flame spell to use on them
Old 12-15-2000, 04:40 PM   #4
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

burning haze works wonders on them, also; flamestrike is pretty handy as well. Has anyone taken them out in a straight-up face-to-face fight? That seems like a rather nasty possibility, but I suppose it is possible.
freudianslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2000, 06:58 PM   #5
Elara
The Magister

Before demolishing Cet we went back to Brimloch Roon to ascend to Zen Master after finally getting all the Tomes. Then of course we had to make the role useful so ran around with the monster respawn on 'often' and difficulty on hard, etc., to level up so we could learn more spells. Well, it was night and we ran right into two man-eaters near Dragon Spire. Didn't have any choice but to whack 'em to death and surprisingly, it didn't take long with all our blessed +5 to hit weapons. We even managed to stay alive! It was a big shock the whole experience though.. we tremble yet.
Elara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2000, 12:44 AM   #6
Lily the Ranger

What were your levels? Everytime I have been up close I see green for a few seconds and we are dead before I can get away. Would be nice to know when I could quit running and bombing, trembling in my shoes that they might get too close.
Old 12-16-2000, 02:12 AM   #7
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The mucks do respawn. And sneak up behind you. And surround you with green poison before you know what's happening.
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2000, 04:36 AM   #8
carg
The Magister

Thoon, please don't tell such stories just before bed time!

Oh, by the way, there's some creeping mushrooms who breath poison too, mostly in the north. All but the Amazoni Mantraps respawn.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2000, 05:25 AM   #9
QuigQuag

I also found the Amazoni Mantraps and Jungle Lillys to be very difficult opponents. If you are looking for a suitable revenge, try this: In the Boogre caves you encounter these delightfull creatures on the way to the prison cell area. Rush past them, use your wood stake to open the cell area, quickly loot the chests. By this time the plants are in the cell area with you so pass them again and on your way out remove the stake, locking the plants into the cell! Later in the game, when you are much stronger, return to the caves and kill them at your leisure. Most satisfying!! I was also able to lure some of the plants into following me into the strange rooms area (also boogre caves, where they killed themselves trying to get out.
Old 12-16-2000, 09:30 AM   #10
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

-
freudianslip is offline   Reply With Quote