Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2003, 12:04 PM   #1
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

It's spoilerific!
contains Chapter 3 spoilers about the not-quite-as-important quest for the temple...
and also Jan Jansen...
You have been duly warned, foolish mortal.

Okay. The Sir-Sarles-is-never-going-to-get-his-frickin-illithium quest. Although this time I intend to give it to the pompous jerk, for I am in the service of Lathander and I won't let him (her? it?) down.

I finished up Jan's quest before I started this one. Jan's quest involves the Jyssev estate. However, when I return to their not-so-humble abode for the whereabouts of Sir Sarles, he's not there, and the Jyssevs could care less. Even their servant can't help me out.

I have a feeling that there might be some sort of area change for Jan's quest or Sarles' quest.

I've never encountered this before, but then again, I can't stand Jan. (Kelsey doesn't mind him, so I keep him around. ) I've patched and Baldurdashed my game, and my mods are WeiDU or FW and are all compatible with each other. I don't have potentially hazardous mods installed (multi-stronghold, multi-romance, etc.) and my dialogue.tlk is free of flaws.

Any idea what could be doing this, and how I could fix it? I checked Baldurdash's individual bugfixes and didn't find anything, but it was pretty late when I checked.

(PS: I know what else can be done with the ore. Don't remind me. )
Old 06-25-2003, 12:22 PM   #2
Alson
Galvatron

I think I also had this bug. Perhaps an area change, perhaps a variable change... who knows? Kevin Dorner, most likely. Anyway, you can use the console to summon Sir Sarles in the name of bug squashing. Why, I'll even be benevolent enough to provide you with the right code! Just type:

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("scsarles")

and voila! Your very own pious git.

Have I mentioned how much I like you writing style, Pirengle? Lovely. [img]smile.gif[/img]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 12:29 PM   #3
Faceman
Hathor

DON'T give him the real ilithium!

He doesn't deserve it!

PLEASE!!!
Old 06-25-2003, 04:53 PM   #4
Link
Jack Burton

Well.. it's not nice to make other people's hands dirty, Faceman, so that wouldn't be very nice [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 10:00 PM   #5
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Alson:
Have I mentioned how much I like you writing style, Pirengle? Lovely. [img]smile.gif[/img]
An admirer! [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Thanks for the code, Alson.

I imported little Mr. Can't-Be-Wrong, saved my game, and went out and had a lovely dinner with my parents. Came back, cracked open Shadowkeeper and IEEP for some item editing fun before getting back to typing the lemon-filled wonder I promised FW, and came across Mr. Sarles' stats. All 9s. Doesn't surprise me in the least.

I thought how much fun it would be to give him a friend like Quallo's friend, so I tried using SK to put one in. Trouble is, when I loaded my game, the friend was nowhere in sight, and Sarles himself wore the avatar of the friend. Oh well. I left him like that. [img]smile.gif[/img] Everything's the same; he just looks a little different. Smells a little different too. Kinda like...carrion.

(I think this explains his talent. Snotty rich socialite by day, smelly rubble shaper by night. Uses special paralyzing bite to make statuary out of unsuspecting beggars. Maybe he went to the same art school Hidesman attended. Maybe he was in on the conspiracy to get Prism to chisel Ellisime's visage out of some desolate cliffside. Maybe the Jyssevs' other contact was in on it too. Maybe...

...maybe I should go back to typing my fanfic. [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

The way Sarles talks...yeah...I'll give him his frickin illithium, all right...and when his anal retentive-ness is done with it, maybe he'll have a diamond or two. (Seriously, though, the only character in my party who could use the ore for *ahem* other purposes is already chasing after SoA's other Easter Egg item.)