Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2002, 06:01 AM   #1
Little Dragon
The Magister

You know if you kill every one the Flaming Fist people come and so does a wizard with a blue shield like Daverons. Some one killed the wizard last summer and picked up a hand of Ghoul touch but the guy never exported the character. Has any one else found this item.
Little Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 09:13 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I've done it, but only once, when I was fooling around & seeing what happens when you go serial killer. I didn't export my character either, as I didn't realize how rarely this happens. I think in order to get it, you have to kill the Flaming Fist Wizard after he casts Ghoul Touch, but before he has a chance to use it.
Old 04-25-2002, 04:43 AM   #3
Little Dragon
The Magister

am so glad you actually found this item. I thought every one would just laugh at me. But i don't know what you mean about after he cast's ghoul touch but before he uses it
Old 04-25-2002, 09:01 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

When you cast a "Touch-damage" spell like Chill Touch or Shocking Grasp, it turns your hand into a melee weapon that does special damage--but you have to make a successful attack for it to work. So if the Flaming Fist Wizard casts Ghoul Touch, but you kill him before he can get within melee range to use it on you, THAT'S when I think you might be able to loot the Ghoul Touch hand from his corpse.
Old 04-28-2002, 05:57 AM   #5
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

SO, can you equip it as a permanent weapon, or is it a one charge item?
Old 04-29-2002, 07:30 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I'm pretty sure it's only a one-shot thing--just the logical culmination of the Ghoul Touch spell. And it only works for one attack, IIRC; If you miss, it's gone, just the same as if your attack connected. So 'winning' the hand of Ghoul Touch is close to worthless, from a winning-the-game standpoint, but it's really nifty to be able to say you actually did it.
Old 04-30-2002, 04:03 AM   #7
Little Dragon
The Magister

So basicaly you chop his hand off.
Old 04-30-2002, 08:34 PM   #8
Evergreene
The Magister

GOT ONE hahahahaha
Here's how.. the cheap way
I had Dynaheir use a "ghoul touch" scroll then proceeded to have the party kill her. Lo and behold, she dropped the "Hand of Ghoul Touch" LOL!! Of course i am going to reload the save game since the ghoul hand is not worth the 400 Ressurect fee to me, cool to actually see the hand tho.

[ 04-30-2002, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: Evergreene ]
Evergreene is offline   Reply With Quote