Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2003, 03:14 AM   #1
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

this is how winters look in Arkansas

another.....

and the river.....

pics were borrowed from
arkansas ice page
Old 10-27-2003, 03:24 AM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

brrr... looks cold..

Catch me if you can..
Old 10-27-2003, 03:42 AM   #3
Jorath Calar
Harper

Here are some from Iceland

Note he awesome Northern Lights... [img]smile.gif[/img]

More of those here
Old 10-27-2003, 03:45 AM   #4
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
brrr... looks cold..
I think the coldest it got during that time was 16 (f) or -8.9 (c) it happened during christmas it was fun driving on the ice, where we used to live, there was a hill going on to the main highway, it was funny, I would make it up the hill, and have to stop due to traffic, and would slide all the way back almost into my driveway, got smart after the 0th time, and went through a resturaunts parking lot, where it leveled out before the road, now you ask....why was I driving on it to begin with right? well, it was christmas, and although we had no power, my family was coming to my house, where I had managed to cook with the gas stove, and I had to go get them [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Jorath Calar that is so beautiful [img]smile.gif[/img] I wish it would look like that here, but we do not see much snow, and never the pretty lights

[ 10-27-2003, 03:47 AM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]
Old 10-27-2003, 04:23 AM   #5
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

comning from a country that is used to 30'C all year round.. i would freeze to death [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Old 10-27-2003, 05:14 AM   #6
Link
Jack Burton

Try rowing when it's freezing, but not cold enough for ice yet [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2003, 05:53 AM   #7
Jorath Calar
Harper

Stormy, it seems Iceland and Arkansas are not so diffrent "winterwise" (is that a word?) the coldest it got here last winter was -9°c and the whole winter was very mild, we had snow here for about 8 weeks the most... but it rained a lot.

Actually the -9 was were I live in the south part, the north is always much worse and one time last winter they had -25°c!
Old 10-27-2003, 08:54 AM   #8
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Light Bulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Stormy, it seems Iceland and Arkansas are not so diffrent "winterwise" (is that a word?) the coldest it got here last winter was -9°c and the whole winter was very mild, we had snow here for about 8 weeks the most... but it rained a lot.

Actually the -9 was were I live in the south part, the north is always much worse and one time last winter they had -25°c!
wow, that does soound like us, last year, we got down to like 8 degrees (f) around -13 (c) and that was when we had no power talk about family get togethers, everyone hugged in the livingroom, with the back blocked off, and the kitchen stove, which was gas, going, and every gas heater we could find
Old 10-27-2003, 09:53 AM   #9
Seraph
Quintesson

Quote:

Northern iceland sounds like it has the same kinds of winters as upstate NY...wow, thats really depressing.
For example, the lowest temp in my home town last winter, that I am aware of was -30°C on Jan 18th.

I'm not sure that -9°C for the low counts as winter weather, that mid-fall (November) weather.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:00 AM   #10
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph:
quote:

Northern iceland sounds like it has the same kinds of winters as upstate NY...wow, thats really depressing.
For example, the lowest temp in my home town last winter, that I am aware of was -30°C on Jan 18th.

I'm not sure that -9°C for the low counts as winter weather, that mid-fall (November) weather.
[/QUOTE]-9 celsius still counts as winter, it comes out to 18.9 farenhiet, below freezing, and although it might not be as cold as some places, when you go through extremes like we do, anything below 40 gets cold, lol or summers consist of above 100 farenhiet then the winters get below 25 (f) so [img]tongue.gif[/img] just beause someones temp does not get as cold s other places, does not mean it is not winter winter happens when it is cold enough to produce freezing temps