Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2002, 08:27 PM   #1
Auraleus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok... I don't know if this is an easter egg, part of a quest, or just some of the random funniness that goes on in BG2..

I am walking through Umar Hills, and come across all the chickens.. I am in one of those silly moods, and I charm a chicken w/ charm animal thinking that I can start some chicken duels'...

The farmers get mad when my charmed chicken goes to attack another one at this pops up:

Shoo! thems arent your chickens, Erlin Erlin! someones after the chickens!
1. This is between us and the chickens, Ma'am, and I am going to have to ask that you sta out of it

ROFL
Old 01-29-2002, 09:11 PM   #2
Mellagar

There's actually a reason for them to be yelling at you about messing with the chickens, but its still hilarious.
Mellagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 01:14 AM   #3
chevalier mal fet
Dungeon Master

Yes...you should talk to everyone in the village thoroughly and be nice. You know whats funny though...if for some reason you decide to attack the chickens, they all go red and become enemies for the rest of the time in the town...and they scatter all over the place, walking in and out of buildings. I was just walking along over by the cabin, and one came out of nowhere and attacked my -2 AC Nalia for 3 points of damage.

Almost as funny as the bear that comes out of the woods and mauls the chipmunk.
chevalier mal fet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 06:47 AM   #4
PeeWee
Manshoon

I just met Beener. Talk about something funny. You woulda thought he would have quit but NO, HE DOESN'T.

I gave the man a chance and right when I selected all my guys to mob his butt he finally shuts up and shows me why I shouldn't kill em.

After that I laughed but for the whole 5 minutes or so I was high tailing my men with HASTE running away from him. He just kept coming and coming.

I tried to look for him again to see what happens when I kill him. Can't find the bloody fool now.

Hell, I even tried beating him to the conversation but he's way way faster. *sigh*

If ya haven't seen that, visit trademeet and wander around the central part. I'm sure one of you will have the urge to whack him and do tell when ya do.
Old 01-30-2002, 07:16 AM   #5
Maniac
Dungeon Master

SpOiLeR
SpOiLeR
.Kill the chickens and get a bejuril gem (worth about 600 g, decent for slaying those fowl beasties!)
Old 01-30-2002, 08:19 AM   #6
Zornelis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Also very funny is:

SPOILER

SPOILER

If you pickpocket the chicken with the beljuril gem and afterwards talk to the guy standing by the chicken he still gives you the gem.... Very funny, the chicken obviously holds 2 gems up his a$$.....

[ 01-30-2002: Message edited by: Zornelis ]

Zornelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 04:08 PM   #7
PeeWee
Manshoon

Spoiler
[img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]smile.gif[/img]
That gem is needed for the horn of valhalla upgrade. You get the horn somewhere in the bridge district. Search it out and ya will find it. Take the horn to the smith in the Prom district and he tells you that you can upgrade it to a brass horn.

give him like 2k in gold and the horn and a diamond I think. I found my first diamond from the thieve's guild but later found out they are really random. I went to trademeet to reload a few times to get two diamonds from the smith shop there. I didn't reload for this purpose but just happened to have noticed after trying to rob who I could.

The brass horn summons a warrior that stays fighting for you a while. I'm sure the next upgrade will be a stronger warrior. The brass guy seems to have a strong magic resist.

Now I'm going to be on my way to get that gem. I consider this one of the pieces that lets a melee person solo easier. Woohoo, And I've been looking everywhere for it.