Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2002, 05:02 PM   #21
Zidane
Manshoon

LadyBlue

I am female and I have played Diablo I and Diablo II and bought Lord of Destruction. I have got to level 40 ish I think on D2 but then I got sidetracked by discovering BGI, ToSC and BGII, then I bought IWD, PST and now NWN. I will go back to Diablo II someday, because I thought the game was great. I liked DI for the different dungeons every time you started a new game with an old character.

The reason I liked it was because it was mouse controlled. Most of the time in games that you use the keyboard, every so often your mind goes blank, you forget which key to press and BAM your dead....

Gives you arm ache and shoulder ache though, ack maybe I just play too much...

Lady Zidane
Old 07-18-2002, 12:07 AM   #22
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Played D2 once as a Paladin. Finished the game, did the "Secret Cow Level" & didn't feel the urge to try at the next difficulty level or a new class.
It's been collecting dust on my shelf ever since...
Old 07-18-2002, 02:06 AM   #23
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Loved D1, but D2 was really disappointing. I'm one of the few who actually think that D1 graphics were a lot cleaner, clearer and crisper than D2 graphics, which were, for the most part, grainy, bland and boring. D1 had that dark, deep underground feel, like you're really descending into the depths of hell, and D1 was absolutely terrifying at certain points. It had a killer story, and was voiced by the many books and quests you found throughout the game. The fact that the town of Tristram was always shrouded in eternal night, the haunted music, everything was perfect. D2 just felt like an all-out grab for items and levels. It got ridiculous after act 2, but I kept playing it for the sake of getting better items and levels. Addictive, but hardly memorable.
Old 07-18-2002, 05:38 AM   #24
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Hated D1. Haven`t tried D2, and have no intentions of doing so.
Old 07-18-2002, 05:51 AM   #25
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I also think Diablo 1 was a lot better than Diablo 2, because back then, it was a new concept.

I liked the fact that the dungeons where different each time, and as many people said, the mood in D1 was a lot better.

Me and my friends used to pay 5$ an hour each to play the game on a lan, we spent lot of money on that game.

The best moments I ever had while playing pc games where when I played Diablo and Warcraft 2 in Lan. Those two games inovated pc gaming.

Edit: I also didn't vote, because I don't really like Diablo II, and I never saw any roleplaying in the series, so I can't chose any of the options.

[ 07-18-2002, 05:53 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 07-18-2002, 10:13 AM   #26
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well I love the entire Diablo series... it is just that as Neb and the others mentioned, I miss the Diablo I atmoshpere... it had this dark hue thing... it was like a Tim Burton movie... hehehe in DII it got all colory and eew.. but it looks great when you are using 3d acceleration...

LB, I play a lot... but not as brutal as you... I hear stories of peeps getting to level 50 in one day... and you 76 in three dfays... but then I still cannot imagine... my hand hurts after like an hour... hehehe

and BTW, a Barb can always kick Sorceress butt... given he is rightly equipped [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2002, 10:52 AM   #27
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I enjoy roleplaying in Diablo2! People who get bored with it generally try out cookie-cutter characters and think there is nothing more to it.

I have a Bowmancer, a Nercomancer that inflicts massive poison damage... with a bow. I have a Kungfudin, a Paladin that uses his fists to fight. I have a Drummer, a Barbarian who frenzies with dual wands! The fun potential is there. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2002, 03:03 PM   #28
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

What are you blathering about Bahamut? My nova sorc is undefeated . 'Look a barbarian is whirlwinding at me!' Teleport, thunderstorm, lots of nova, thunderstorm, maybe a frozen orb, thunderstorm, o look, youre dead! Now i get the 50k you dropped on the ground [img]smile.gif[/img]

I 4get who said they played the palidin? You couldnt pick a worse class; pallys are good for their auras
I miss that game, sigh. Plus Neblet, i dont have LAN connection [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2002, 10:07 PM   #29
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I love Diablo 2, man!!!

I am especially good at trading and dueling with my necro... no offense to amazons out there, I will kill ya [img]smile.gif[/img]

I got lvl 38 bonespirit & bonearmor, with 75% dmg reducation, so you do the calculation. plus I also have a gear with 2 ravenfrost, guardian angel and Luna and thundergod for full elemental absorb... heh

and I am especially good at trading. started with grisword, end up with 7 sojs... ^^ you may say I am boasting, but I just love most aspects of this game... especially the trading!

but recently I crafted my ccs with three 40% dmg ed jew socketed.... thats a 7 soj item, and I ended up with a trash that does 67 to 125 dmg... sigh, it was an accident.

but oh well, I love Diablo 2!!! it is awesome

[ 07-18-2002, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: 250 ]
Old 07-18-2002, 10:13 PM   #30
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
Well I love the entire Diablo series... it is just that as Neb and the others mentioned, I miss the Diablo I atmoshpere... it had this dark hue thing... it was like a Tim Burton movie... hehehe in DII it got all colory and eew.. but it looks great when you are using 3d acceleration...

LB, I play a lot... but not as brutal as you... I hear stories of peeps getting to level 50 in one day... and you 76 in three dfays... but then I still cannot imagine... my hand hurts after like an hour... hehehe

and BTW, a Barb can always kick Sorceress butt... given he is rightly equipped [img]smile.gif[/img]
it is not too difficult with full elemental absorb... but a sorc with 8 fps cast or some dmg reduction can make the duel really boring and long, unless the barb use berserk with 80% fast attack or something that can instantly finish a sorc

also, with cow lvls... one can lvl up to 75 with NO problem... I did that with my necro... I just leech in cow lvls, heh. I got up to lvl 75 in one day. I cannot really kill cows though...

[ 07-18-2002, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: 250 ]