Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2001, 07:30 PM   #21
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear Cloudy (and Charlie),

Well, both of you have definitely taken a great load off my mind! No one has ever been able to give me a definite "yea" or "nae" on this topic. I understand fully about the TCP/IP connection. I was under the assumption that you were entering a public online gaming room. Yes, Ultima Online was what I was thinking of, but I know there are others as well.

Charlie, I don't understand the logic either about why someone would kill a newbie, except if you kill enough of them, you get enough XP and their starting gold. Maybe it's a power thing, I dunno. Anyway, I'm glad to see that what you're talking about is VPN, not public forum where any yahoo could come in and wreak havoc.

Thanks again,

Old 04-09-2001, 09:31 PM   #22
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Dear Cloudy (and Charlie),

Well, both of you have definitely taken a great load off my mind! No one has ever been able to give me a definite "yea" or "nae" on this topic. I understand fully about the TCP/IP connection. I was under the assumption that you were entering a public online gaming room. Yes, Ultima Online was what I was thinking of, but I know there are others as well.

Charlie, I don't understand the logic either about why someone would kill a newbie, except if you kill enough of them, you get enough XP and their starting gold. Maybe it's a power thing, I dunno. Anyway, I'm glad to see that what you're talking about is VPN, not public forum where any yahoo could come in and wreak havoc.

Thanks again,

No problem, Sazerac! Kind of nice to help a veteran out now and again. Makes one feel purrrrty good to have something of use to share!

I'll expect a return favor if I ever get to playing W&W or Wizardry! Hmmm or need info on web design? ooooh that might just come up!

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 04-09-2001, 09:34 PM   #23
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Again, thank you for all the answers. I need to try this as soon as possible. If anyone is starting any clans soon, let me know!

------------------
Tremble and despair, for I am power! All here are now judged, and are found wanting.
Old 04-09-2001, 09:46 PM   #24
turbovee
Elminster

should I add my two cents or are all your questions answered?

------------------

The sexiest elf mage in the land
I feel the need, the need for SPEED!
Peace and hair grease
Old 04-09-2001, 10:11 PM   #25
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by turbovee:
should I add my two cents or are all your questions answered?
You can add your 2 cents or 20, anytime you want!

CB

------------------

Storm-Queen
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 04-09-2001, 11:33 PM   #26
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Thank you, too, Cloudy! I'll be glad to pass any W&W, Wizardry, or Web Design tips you need!

(the master of things beginning with the letter "W"!)
Old 04-09-2001, 11:37 PM   #27
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Thank you, too, Cloudy! I'll be glad to pass any W&W, Wizardry, or Web Design tips you need!

(the master of things beginning with the letter "W"!)
Why thank you kind sir! W mastery is indeed a good and noble art! I shall most certainly ask thee for help should I be in need of W information! TEEHEE

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 04-10-2001, 09:05 AM   #28
Charlie
Lord Ao

Quote:
Anyway, I'm glad to see that what you're talking about is VPN, not public forum where any yahoo could come in and wreak havoc.
Hi Sazerac, I kinda guessed you were talking about Ultima Online, I had heard that there were murderers floating about within its realms......sad imho.

Any how, probably a silly question but what is VPN? I tried to figure this for myself before posting and it'll probably be patently bleedin' obvious once told but for now I'm in the dark. Please enlighten

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 04-10-2001, 10:07 AM   #29
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Dont give up multiplayer because your afraid of player-killers.Remember this isnt quake you wont die in one hit from a fighter if your about equal level
and youd have ample time to quit if you see a spellcaster start waving his arms like a and chanting the spell of death-dismemberment-decapitating-disemboweling-tiltawhirl-ball of death.

------------------
RULE #1:I am always right
RULE #2:See rule #1
Old 06-25-2001, 04:43 AM   #30
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

BUMP! Since so many of you are interested in multiplayer games!

I remembered doing posts for this and dug it up. I'm currently in a multi BG2 and having a great time!

I can heartily recommend trying them. Any questions, feel free to ask. The Multi-Answer-Cloud is here!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 06-25-2001).]