Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2004, 08:16 PM   #1
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Smiley

It seems most people take a mix of classes in their parties. I never do this, maybe 3 of 1 type and 1 of another at the most, but my best parties are usually 3 of the same type.
I'd love for ya'll to prove me wrong!
Old 06-25-2004, 09:09 PM   #2
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

I've finished the game over 40 times now, and i've tried Trios of 3 each of the following:
Lords, Rangers, Ninjas, Bishops, Bards, Valks, Priests, and Monks (all of which Ascended on Normal but the Lords on Expert)
And Pairs of: Bishop, Bard, Lord, Gad, Ninja. All Ascended on Normal.
And the folloing 2-and-a's: 2 Bards and a Gad, 2 Lords and a Ninja, 2 Fighters and a Rogue, 2 Priests and an Alchemist, 2 Fighers and a Bard. Some of these were Expert, but i don't remember which.

But i have to say, a more mixed group is usually easier and often more fun.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 09:13 PM   #3
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Scatter - I'm impressed. Only have about 20 under the belt. Pretty much all parties work if you work at it. That's the idea of balnce, IMO.
Old 06-26-2004, 03:06 AM   #4
Nodscene
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm really thinking of doing 3 monks and a bishop. Overall I think monks kick the most butt as long as you can keep their stamina up.
Nodscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 09:02 AM   #5
ChrisHwk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Everybody is entitled to play the way they think is fun, but to me if I only wanted to play one class I'd play a solo character. The fun part of a group to me is having access to different skills and abilities. I like small parties but always want to add one more class. I like all the hybrids especially those with critical strike. (I have seen a single character get seven critical strikes against 9 mobs.) I like bards, bishops and Alchemist. I like 'em all, so for me I have a hard time leaving any of them out.

By the way, isn't a critical strike against a mob that is almost dead kinda frustrating?

[ 06-26-2004, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: ChrisHwk ]
ChrisHwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 09:30 AM   #6
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Yes it's frustrating, but I've had several combats today where my first hit with the stilleto was an instant kill!
Old 06-26-2004, 05:59 PM   #7
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

The main reason i played the Trios i did was to test development and training. I used 3 because that is for me the most efficient point in the balance between hard-to-survive and level-reasonably-fast. I must say, though, it's very easy to have quite a variety among 3 of the same Class. You can have different Races, Weapon and Armor, Attribute and Skill development, etc.

Though an important thought occurs--if you're playing Solo, your development will be very different from even a Trio. In fact, my Solo Lord had a few Bishop levels, none of the Trio bothered. (I wanted X-ray for the Solo)

And about Stealth: When everyone has 100, there's a noticable improvement in sneaking around and how often the mobs "are defending". If even one character is 99 or lower, everyone gets swung at more.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 12:42 PM   #8
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Ok, I just finished my party of 3 Gadg. and 1 Priest. This was by far my best party ever, maybe the best party ever. With Vaporizor's and especially the "Negatair" it's easy going. Sometimes I kill 8 out of 9 enemies with the Negatair alone. There's no critial strike that compares to that!
The thing is though to take lots of 'em. 3 is best to get the best use of gadgets and the priest does rest all, mostly.
Old 06-29-2004, 04:43 AM   #9
Target
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodscene:
I'm really thinking of doing 3 monks and a bishop. Overall I think monks kick the most butt as long as you can keep their stamina up.
I think monks are great to!!
But when their stealth gets up, won't your Bishop be in for a bashing?

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 05:13 AM   #10
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

I don't think so. With Armorplate, Guardian Angel, Bless, maybe high speed, a chamail +2 armor and a shield i'm sure he'll survive (with so much fighting power in the front row ) .

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote