Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2004, 09:06 PM   #71
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Wow thats pretty harsh, Stormy! I hope things work out for you

Well, I just picked up my Starsky and Hutch DVD, so I'm going to go veg out and watch it. Later all!
Old 07-21-2004, 09:47 PM   #72
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

And thanks to realizing that the router in my room was unplugged, and plugging the thing in, you all get to witness Lyle's Laptop de Muerte's maiden voyage on the internet...god I love high speed internet!

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 07-21-2004, 11:54 PM   #73
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Man, Stormy, that sux. Sounds like CaUBS, to me, too. Uh, I'm not very well versed in these things, but are yeast infections supposed to be brought on by something of the natures these people are occusing you of? Sorry about my stupidity, but, if not, then it must just be one of those things that happened, ya know? Well, I'm tired, I need to sleep. Hope everything works out, Stormy. (hug)
Old 07-22-2004, 12:00 AM   #74
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

yeast infection can be caused by perfumed soap, public restrooms, the things that were accused, not being properly cleaned after pottying, there are lots of ways to get it. what is sad is we had just taken Skyler to the doctor a little while back due to the swelling they said was present. the doctor said there was minor swelling which can be caused by any number of things, including riding bikes.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:36 AM   #75
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
If it goes as far as court you could request the doctor to testify on your behalf. Hopefully it doesn't go that far. Some people are too nosey for they're own good.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 07-22-2004, 12:54 AM   #76
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Yeah, my niece fell, and bruised herself, and my sis was scared to death to even take her to the doctor considering where the little rat's bruise was....golly, things are a little tense in the area of children nowadays....

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 07-22-2004, 01:32 AM   #77
wellard
Dracolisk

Caution is a good thing with kids. Nothing breaks my heart more than an abused kid. My sympathy to you Stormy; it must be very upsetting and it does seem that they are going overboard / heavy handed. But lets be gratefull that there are people and a system out there to protect those that can not help themselves even if it means treading on the toes of the innocent.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 07-22-2004, 07:58 AM   #78
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

don't get me wrong, if there was reason to be concerned, then I am all for it..but they are talking about bruises from the girls bumping into tables, falling on the ground or other normal child bruises...the girls come home from school with just as many bruises that they go there with, and I have not complained one time for not even getting a note telling me what happened. Even though I have to send a note when something happens to them, if there is a cut, a bruise or any other mark on them I send a note, and keep one in my computer to give to our case worker. this school reported the foster parents for skyler going without her glasses for a week while they were waiting on them to make her new ones! tell me how picky that is? We had just went to the school tuesday to speak with the thearpist about skylers behavior, and explained what happens when she falls down. I had just as many or worse bruises from my childhood. They probably are going to be just as accident prone as I was and FSA we are already dealing with the courts over an old matter, this is just going to add fuel to the fire
Old 07-22-2004, 10:03 AM   #79
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ilander, this line cracked me up! LOL
Quote:
Lyle's Laptop de Muerte's maiden voyage on the internet
So how's the high speed life now?

Stormymystic- hope things work out for the kids- that's a lot of stuff for you all to go through.

It's a lovely sunny day to day and I'm stuck behind a desk at the office...I want a month off!
Old 07-22-2004, 10:03 AM   #80
wellard
Dracolisk

It really does sound as though they are treating you very badly stormy. Perhaps you need to ask to speak to a 'top' boss at the department and clear the air, otherwise this will just continue forever. Lets face it kids are kids and the will get bruises, cut themselves and break arms and such. Don’t let this drag on, meet them head on and sort it out straight away.

All I'm saying is that the bad guys here are the people who abuse kids not the government; they are fighting a very hard but just battle.

Sends stormy a *big internet hug*

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years