Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2003, 04:33 PM   #1
Pearce
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Im brand new and it seems that every time i go up anybody that i HAVE to beat in order to move on i get my butt kicked bout five times and then the next time i beat him fairly easily, my question is this, what can i do to make it a bit easier to beat him in less time cuz its makin the game go slow, any tips are appreciated. thanku
~In reality I\'m slowly losing my mind, underneath the disguise of a smile, gradually I\'m dying inside, friends ask me how I feel, and I lie convincingly, cuz I don\'t want to reveal the fact that I\'m suffering~
Pearce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 04:39 PM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Welcome to Ironworks! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Well it depends on whom you are fighting with. Also if you have Ascension and Tactics(wich I presume you have not) you are in one hell of a ride. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

It also depends on your experience,equipment,party,levels...

Also if you use Search button you can find LOTS of strategies and tips. So tell me... wich creature is bugging you?

[ 09-18-2003, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 10:07 PM   #3
Pearce
Elite Waterdeep Guard

my chars keep getting lvl drained, and every time it seems they come up from behind and take out the mages first so i cant cure ne1.
~In reality I\'m slowly losing my mind, underneath the disguise of a smile, gradually I\'m dying inside, friends ask me how I feel, and I lie convincingly, cuz I don\'t want to reveal the fact that I\'m suffering~
Old 09-18-2003, 10:16 PM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Mages can wear the Amulet of Power for permanent Negative Plane Protection. Protection from Magical Weapons will protect them too.

Weapons like the Mace of Disruption +2 grants Negative Plane Protection too.

Prevention is better than cure, and you can always use a Stealthed or Invisible character to scout ahead first to see what kind of enemies you are going to encounter. Most level-draining units are the Undead, so make liberal use of Anti-Undead tools like Sunray, Daystar, Turn Undead, False Dawn, Repulse Undead, etc... ...
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 10:17 PM   #5
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

First off

Welcome to IW [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

you can use the spell negative plain protection to prevent draining from creatures such as vampires, or there are weapons that can help you out. There is a certain mace and an axe in SoA that can help you out, and there is a very nice hammer in ToB to help you out with killing undead and prevent draining.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 02:05 PM   #6
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Spoiler, .

Pick up anomen, give him amulet of power, and he will kill any undead on his own, except maybe bodhi. Give him 5 in war hammer, and give him cromfayer. Undead will be dead. lol
Against mages use toxic cloud, or whatever it is called. it will disrupt their spells and eventually kill them. Advice-pick Edwin.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 04:33 PM   #7
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

The "toxic cloud" is called Cloudkill.

Mages can also be kept at bay with weapons that do damage over time. Bolts of Biting and Acid Arrows are good for this.

Remember that spellcasters often use protective magic. Use spells like Secret Word, Ruby Ray of Reversal and Khelben's Warding Whip to strip enemies of spell protections (magics that protect against spells).

Use the almightly Breach (can be found in wand form too) to strip them of combat protections.

Many boss monsters are magic resistant too. Get over this by hitting them with three Lower Resist's. Load them up in a Sequencer to spare time.

Always have non-magical weapons at hand in case someone casts Protection from Magical Weapons. Also there is a creature that is immune to nigh anything but non-magical weapons.

Use True Sight or the thief ability Detect Illusion in order to dispel annoying protective illusions and expose invisible enemies.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:20 PM   #8
Pearce
Elite Waterdeep Guard

THANKS guys its helped alot