Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2001, 04:20 PM   #91
Legolas
Jack Burton

Say WHAT? Did he need to water his pants or something? You're confusing me [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2001, 04:22 PM   #92
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

This one is tough. I will give you that.

Why do you need a drink when you are not thirsty. That is the clue.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 12-01-2001, 04:31 PM   #93
Legolas
Jack Burton

If you're not thirsty, you could need a drink because

someone else is thirsty
you need to fill your bathtub
the plants need watering
you are warm and sweating
you... aha!
The man wanted to break up with his girlfriend by throwing water over her like they do in the commercials. But, she was the barkeep's mother in law and the barkeep wanted the man to stay with her and take her somewhere far, far away...
Old 12-01-2001, 04:34 PM   #94
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Ummmmmmm very true.... very true...

But none of them will help you with this riddle I am afraid. Think why water and not another drink.

I should also add that when the man left the bar he was happy and had acheived what he went in their to do.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 12-01-2001, 04:43 PM   #95
Legolas
Jack Burton

So the guy asks for water, but not to drink. He needs the water.
In response, the barkeep points a shotgun at him.
This was what the man was after and he leaves happy.

There's no way water is slang for shotgun! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2001, 04:46 PM   #96
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

The barmans response solved the mans problem. But he still asked for water and did not want the barman to do what he did (major clue!!!).

And no, water is not a slang for shotgun, at least it isn't in London. I have never been to the Netherlands so I don't know about over there.
Old 12-01-2001, 04:51 PM   #97
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Since were on to riddles here, I thought I might add this one (some of you may have heard it though [img]smile.gif[/img] )

A man and his son were out driving, they were in the same car [img]smile.gif[/img] , one evening.
When they turned on to a small sideway, leading to a small town, they hit another car, coming from the town..
Everyone involved got taken to the hospital..
The father and the son got put in different wards, both waiting to get into surgery.
The son went first, but when he was brought to the surgery, the doctor in charge said:
"I cannot operate this child. he is my son!"

How was this possible?
Old 12-01-2001, 04:55 PM   #98
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

OK...

They were in the different cars. When they turned sideways they hit each other. To each of them the other road WAS gthe sideway.

The son gets hurt and taken to the hospital. The father gets called in as he is a doctor. The son gets taken into a ward... this is where it gets sketchy... the father is in a different room of some kind. Don't know if you can call it a ward. He prepares for surgery and then gets in to find his son.
Old 12-01-2001, 05:14 PM   #99
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Sorry about that sideway thingie..I'm a little tired [img]smile.gif[/img]
I've edited it now, but it's not that a big detail..

Barry, I'm sorry to say, you're wrong..
The father that was in the car, is still in the hospital, unconscious..in another ward..
Old 12-01-2001, 05:19 PM   #100
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Dagnabbit!!! But it made so much sense in my head!?! Oh well, in that case I am stumped. Don't tell me the answer just yet though - I am sure other people want a go at it.