Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2001, 07:45 AM   #11
Whailor

OK, speaking of weird stuff.. I don't recalling getting scrolls like this earlier, then again it was years ago when I played through BG last time. Anyway, when I kill something I often get a scroll, which has written on it something a la "Why does a chair have arms and legs.." and so on. What the heck are these there for?
Old 12-07-2001, 08:12 AM   #12
Red Dragon Slayer
Dungeon Master

I may have met them but never took m in the party...

Shar teel doesn't really ring a bell but since my party most of the time conists of me, Imoen , Khalid , Jaheira , Xan ...(concurently that last spot is filled by Branwen but it could also have been Kivan
Red Dragon Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 09:03 AM   #13
Worm
The Magister

quote:
Originally posted by Katherine:

No way on the dumping Xzar! He's too cool. My characters are mostly evil, so he's happy. Even if he double crosses me, I'll still love him- maybe even more.

Alright my main problem with Xzar ... he is CHAOTIC EVIL! Now someone as aloof as that obviously does not follow the stronger person it is obvious Xzar should of been CHAOTIC NUETRAL! Now Shar-Teel she WAS Chaotic Evil she based he alliance on raw power and strength. I've noticed alot of alignment ■■■■ ups. Like minsc was nuetral good, and jaheria was nuetral. Now I know Jaheria was a druid but she should at least of been nuetral good.

Yaawwwnnn. Xzar is a fun charrie and monty makes up for imoen and then some but I suggest you should throw a few nuetral people in there maybe the one shadow druid chicky ... she is the ONLY virgin druid in the game. No, not virgin as in sexuality as if I would know; But, virgin in druidness.
Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 09:04 AM   #14
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

quote:
Originally posted by Whailor:
OK, speaking of weird stuff.. I don't recalling getting scrolls like this earlier, then again it was years ago when I played through BG last time. Anyway, when I kill something I often get a scroll, which has written on it something a la "Why does a chair have arms and legs.." and so on. What the heck are these there for?

The developers were just having some fun. People have tried placing them in a mage's quickslot to see if the letter was a camoflauged spell, but they're just a letter. I'm playing Dark Side right now and was surprised to see that they actually have some value in a store. Can't remember if they are worth anything in regular old BG1/Tales.
Old 12-07-2001, 03:13 PM   #15
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Whailor:
I kill something I often get a scroll, which has written on it something a la "Why does a chair have arms and legs.." and so on. What the heck are these there for?

Lemernis is right--shops will buy 'em for 100gp. Beats the hell out of me why they would, though, dumb riddles without answers just don't seem to be woth 100 gold pieces to me. I think I've found four of them in one game before.
Old 12-07-2001, 08:21 PM   #16
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

That is strange, I have never got anything like that. Oh well, perhaps I'm better off without having to answer silly riddles
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Scholarcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 09:58 PM   #17
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

quote:
Originally posted by Worm:

I've noticed alot of alignment ■■■■ ups. Like minsc was nuetral good

I think with that berserking thing, and his general zaniness, Chaotic Neutral would have been more "in character" for the way they wrote Minsc. As the CN description says "...Lunatics and madmen tend toward Chaotic Neutral behavior" and he is a nutcase for sure. I understand that he is engaged in what is amounts to a 'good' mission to protect Dynaheir. But this has been assigned to him as part of an initiation process into manhood in his warrior class (his "dejemma"), and he isn't really undertaking it the way a chivalrous knight might, all on his own, choose to rescue a damsel in distress, let's say. The way they wrote him I have to wonder if Minsc has the judgment to discern good and evil, actually.
Old 12-08-2001, 04:16 AM   #18
Katherine
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Worm:

I've noticed alot of alignment ■■■■ ups.

I suggest you should throw a few nuetral people in there maybe the one shadow druid chicky ... she is the ONLY virgin druid in the game. No, not virgin as in sexuality as if I would know; But, virgin in druidness.

I hated Branwen. Her reactions to my party's actions seemed more good than neutral. She was so quick to complain about transgressions, and seemed to prefer goodly acts. I dumped her as fast as possible.

Oh no, not druids! Their little tree house made me laugh. I took every opportunity to side against the druids in my game, so it seemed unlikely that I'd allow a druid into the party, at least in this incarnation.
And, your virgin talk threw me off. It took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about. I heard that in BG2 there are romance routines. I was sad to hear that Xzar was not one of the hunks to choose from.

Speaking of BG2, I just bought it, but haven't played it yet. I read that the NPCs and the musical score were not so good, but that the Throne of Bhaal was phat, dope, all that and a bag of chips... Anyway, would it be better to buy ToB now and install so that the extra stuff is available throughout, or should I play SoA first, then install ToB?

Oh, and is there anything more to Yago's book of curses? I was expecting to find sayings like "you less than comely bottom scrather" or "you scabby bag of deranged warts" or something like that in it. It was so disappointed...

live by the [img]graemlins/bunny.gif[/img] , die by the [img]graemlins/bunny.gif[/img] .
Old 12-08-2001, 06:46 AM   #19
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

If you're looking for fun books to read, play ToSC and check out "The Recipes and Ruminations of one Dradeel of Tethir." [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2001, 03:53 PM   #20
Red Dragon Slayer
Dungeon Master

quote:
Originally posted by Katherine:

Speaking of BG2, I just bought it, but haven't played it yet. I read that the NPCs and the musical score were not so good, but that the Throne of Bhaal was phat, dope, all that and a bag of chips... Anyway, would it be better to buy ToB now and install so that the extra stuff is available throughout, or should I play SoA first, then install ToB?

buy ToB and use the stuff throughout Watchers keep is a very good place for items I hear.

oh and the NPC's are cool enough and the music is as good as BG IMO.
Red Dragon Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote