Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2003, 01:57 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Today, I now have a second IP, and changed the DNS from our old (and very shitty hoster, Readyhosting--NEVER use them folks, they suck.) to our LOCAL server! This means no more errors, no more slow as ^#%@! loading pages, and for those with email accounts, they will actually WORK. [img]smile.gif[/img]

'Officially, DNS has not yet changed to MY local host, so it may be up to 48 hours till it's running from here, but now that I have full control once again, and with the NEW Web design and updated/new areas I've been working on for Months, Ironworks Website will be reborn! And will, once again, be updated normally as it once was.

[img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img] ---WEEEE!!

PS: I am so serious about readyhosting.com. They are greedy, and oversell their servers. running over 200 websites off 1 server is a freaking JOKE. And it (on a NORMAL basis) took over 3 minutes just to download 3 or 4 emails--and these are only 1kb TEXT emails!!!!!!!!!)

Ok, rant over. just pass the word. Readyhosting is poor, and their service and support is discusting. I'm going to run a banner ad SAYING SO once I have everything running here. heh..

[img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img] "Mess with the Choc, and get shot with a glock"

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 07-02-2003, 02:27 AM   #2
wellard
Dracolisk

This is good news Mr Z, I've had the impression that you have been frustrated for a while.

Once again thanks for all the good work and when my tax return comes through watch your paypal account

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years