Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2003, 05:05 AM   #11
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

The patch works fine for me. No bugs at all (however since 1.28 I do crash occasionally).

I will say that there have been some reports of this latest patch (1.29) doing nasty things to peoples game e.g. shutting them down every 5 minutes and it seems alot of the problems are based around WinXP (no surprises there).

Hey they finally fixed the RESREF problem, be a rebel and patch your game!
Old 04-02-2003, 07:14 AM   #12
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well with what I have experienced those are not true. I have Win XP, patch 1.29 and still nothing bad happening. So I guess bad luck to other people there...
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 12:38 AM   #13
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I am now running 1.29.
No problems.
Old 04-16-2003, 05:36 AM   #14
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Ack no, a new bug has arisen with this latest patch (does anyone remember when patches actually used to fix things?). It's infrequent but sometimes while playing online a char will become 'stuck' fast in the same spot- grrr it's annoying.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:35 AM   #15
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Is there a certain location, like near a wall? I have heard of those evil wall bugs before.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:00 PM   #16
Jim
Quintesson

Hmmm, since I've installed this patch (went from version 1.11 or something), it now allows me to use power attack with a bow equipped. Now I'm sure that a previous patched version I had told me that I could not enable power attack with the currently equipped weapon, but now I can. This makes rapid shot completely useless, since power attack (provided my BAB's are high enough) will provide much higher damage per round. Hmmm, can anyone else test this and see if they can use it too?
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 03:50 PM   #17
Legolas
Jack Burton

It depends on how I use the (improved) power attack. If I start shooting a bow, crossbow or sling, and then activate the mode I get a message saying I cannot make use of the attack mode with the selected weapon. If I start by activating the power attack mode (with a missile weapon in hand, even), and then attack, I get the +x damage, -x to hit bonusses/penalties.
The perfect way to bash open a locked and trapped chest for those who don't want to get hurt.
It's easy enough not to use the option, and evidently it was not intended to be possible, but it's there.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 12:34 AM   #18
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

No this is yet a different bug. What you mention Larry, about chars getting stuck in walls etc. ain't new and is usually due to lag, where the character-node 'skips' into a placeable object until the lag finishes. The game kind of flips out and detects that char as a creature in an invalid location. This can also happen with other PC's actually -i'm sure someone has seen this, where you or somebody else starts to scream 'OMG im now you!' or 'Im in his char and I can't move!'. This again is a lag issue with the same stuff going on.

This new one i'm talking about is really just a continuation in the consistent flow and i'll explain what I know of it.
To answer Larry's question, no it can happen anywhere really but I find the majority of the time it happens when someone transits an area i.e. using a portal or taking a door and they just remain there....stuck.

Sometimes logging out and back in again does not work, well with the same char that is (the character is probably 'flagged' stuck with this bug).
I've seen this with players on my own server, seen it happen to others in different servers and also had it happen to me a few times.

Hey it's not that frequent, hopefully by 1.30 they'll have fixed it.
Old 04-17-2003, 01:01 PM   #19
NewbietoRPGs
Drow Warrior

I installed the 1.29 patch (first time ever doing anything of the sort BTW) and the only issues I've had is the game crashing every once in a while and the dialogue being slow. I messed around with the audio and video options and it seems to be working a bit better. I still save VERY often.
NewbietoRPGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 02:50 PM   #20
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Here's a tip....Don't cook bacon naked.
Darn good advice, by the way.

[ 04-17-2003, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]