Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2001, 03:24 PM   #11
MagiK

Technically Saz It is cheating yourself. There doesn't have to be two people involved

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.
Old 09-06-2001, 09:07 PM   #12
Ziggy
Dungeon Master

HEY! HIS POST WAS TO HELP! IF YOUR AGAINST THEN SHUT-UP AND LEAVE THE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO USE IT ALONE! YOU CAN BE MR./MS./MRS. CHEAT FREE BUT SOME PEOPLE ARENT LEAVE US ALONE!

------------------
DONT MAKE ME THINK!!!

The Zigster
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2001, 09:37 PM   #13
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Whoa, Ziggy! That was a *bit* harsh, now, wasn't it? (Not that I don't agree, but let's be nice, ok? )

MagiK, yes, I know...my point is, why in the heck would I get a guilty conscience? Since it's a solo game, it's up to me to define what I'm willing to put up with and not. Based on that, many would argue that killing Oakenmir or Erathsmedor would be "cheating"...or killing the scorpions in the pit in the Anephas shrine.

But it's not up to anyone to tell me or anyone else what is cheating and what isn't. Technically, what our Wyvern does is "cheating" by hacking a glowstone here and a assassin's dagger there for someone who's flubbed up their game. What I call it is her nobly saving someone's gaming experience. It's a bit different from beefing up the stats of your characters to insane levels using a third-party "trainer". However, again, in a solo game, if that's the way you want to play, who is it hurting? What is all this stuff about a "guilty conscience"? (And yes, I know you weren't the one who said that, MagiK.)

If I were playing in a multi game and cheated that way, then, yes, I would consider that a "wrong". Multiplayer games are on a completely different set of rules from solo games. Even more so are the online games such as Everquest and Ultima Online, where you have these people creating god-like characters through "trainers" and then pkilling any newbies who come in to loot their character's bodies. Now THAT might precipitate a "guilty conscience."

It IS a game after all, guys. And, BTW, I don't use the "buy and sell back" routine. I DO always get a ranger, though, and use him as an arrow factory. Once you get the Dragon Arrows being replicated, money is no longer a problem.

OK, nuff said on the subject.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2001, 10:46 PM   #14
Boppa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

GENTLEMEN (AND LADIES): This is supposed to be a GAME not a reality check. Do I need to feel guilty about playing a GAME. Should I WORRY about dispensing of characters that perhaps I should have left alone?? ENJOY the GAME - CHEAT yourself if you must!! Myself, I have not used cheats to create a wad of cash. Didn't seem to need to!! Did do some bad things to the OLD OAK TREE and PUFF the MAGIC DRAGON (Erathsmedor) though! I have a strategy guide for this game also, but I seldom use it unless I get stuck (bought the guide before I found out about THE FORUM!!). I do not plan on playing this game more than once. This should not be a career thing. I have about 5 or 6 other games to be played waiting in the wings. Have no intention of taking characters to untold, obscene high levels either - nor resetting adventures so I can kick the butt of the OLD OAK TREE again to get 10 million exp. THIS GAME HAS GOT TO END SOMEWHERE - and since I am in CET's house, it will be soon!!
Boppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 07:11 PM   #15
u_u
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hehe, The only money "cheat" I do is this.

Find some enemys that have some throwing/projectile attacks like the ratlings with the throwing stars. Then just dodge back and forth while the ratlings keep throwing all there stars at you. If you set the monster spawn rate to high, other ratlings are bound to come fairly soon and you can continue to do this. At the end you end up with hundreds of throwing stars that you can cash in for well over 10,000....Of course this takes about 3-5mins to do & you need to identify the items to.

Just yesterday, I got close to $30,000 doing this in the open by the dragon spire. There must have been close to 20 ratlings, I had to kill them early because the game was slowing down too much, hehe.

BTW, Anyone think this is "cheating"?

[This message has been edited by u_u (edited 09-07-2001).]
u_u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 07:57 PM   #16
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by u_u:

BTW, Anyone think this is "cheating"?
Oh, wait long enough and I'm sure we'll find SOMEONE around here who does!

FYI, I don't. Sounds legit to me, if not highly resourceful. Good tip.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote