Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2004, 03:34 PM   #1
cloud88
Manshoon

Hi,
i am wondering if anyone knows where i can get information on attributes, what they do and so on,
yes i know that for example strenght makes you hit harder and so on, but i want exakt information.
so, anybody?
Some little angel tries to tell me that it\'s over,<br />It\'s just a bad reflection from above.<br />The load upon my shoulder makes me stronger, even bolder,<br />Oh no no, I haven\'t had enough.<br />-Heaven can wait, another fine reason to live.
cloud88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 04:04 PM   #2
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Try here!

http://www.planetneverwinter.com/nwn...ter/abilities/

[ 08-18-2004, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 04:04 PM   #3
ashsays
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You may be better to check out the information on feats. Since most feats are based on attributes, this can give you guidance on which ones to concentrate on when creating a character and leveling up. Planetneverwind.com has some good info on this and the game.
ashsays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 04:08 PM   #4
philip
Galvatron

Isn't it in the game manual then? In the normal NWN manual for me it's at page 67 but it might be differnt cause I have an European version
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 04:16 PM   #5
cloud88
Manshoon

i also have an European version, and yes, information on attributes is on page 67, but the only think it says is like: Strenght - measures the muscle and physical power of your character.
and what im looking for is more indepth information, kinda like pritchke´s answer
but thanks anyway
Some little angel tries to tell me that it\'s over,<br />It\'s just a bad reflection from above.<br />The load upon my shoulder makes me stronger, even bolder,<br />Oh no no, I haven\'t had enough.<br />-Heaven can wait, another fine reason to live.
cloud88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 04:50 PM   #6
Stratos
Vampire

Isn't there an in-game description of the stats?
Old 08-19-2004, 04:58 AM   #7
philip
Galvatron

Maybe looking at the skills will help as well then. Look at the ability needed and the skill description.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 06:26 AM   #8
Legolas
Jack Burton

Apart from being requirements for feats, every two points in an attribute give you a +1 bonus to all skills using that attribute.

Also, every two points in Strength give you +1 to hit and +1 to damage with melee weapons, plus it increases the weight you can carry (not sure of how much, when).
Two points in Dexterity raises your Armor Class by 1 (which is lost when prone), and gives you a +1 bonus to your reflex saves.
Raising your Constitution by two points gives you +1 hitpoint per level (retroactive), and raises your fortitude save by 1.
Taking two points in Wisdom grants you +1 to your will saves, and increases the DC for wisdom-based spells you cast by 1.
Two points in Intelligence gives you +1 skillpoint per level (not retroactive), and increases the DC for Wizard spells you cast by 1.
Having two points in Charisma increases the DC of your Sorcerer spells by 1.

Wis, Int and Cha also determine the maximum level of spell a caster can learn (maximum spell level = ability score - 10 to a maximum of 9), and also grant bonus spell slots.

Every 2 points of Wisdom increase a monk's AC by 1.

Every two points of Charisma increase Domain and Turn Undead based powers' strength and duration, and in the case of Paladins and Blackguards increase all of their saves by +1.

Wearing armor caps your Dexterity modifier.

Finally, you may be asked to take a Dexterity (usually), Constitution (sometimes), or any other attribute check in which case having more helps too.

[ 08-19-2004, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: Legolas ]
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote