Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2003, 07:50 PM   #1
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I'm trying to build custom versions of various robes and armors but seem to be running into trouble. After one successful build, everytime I select an armor type (either heavy, medium, light or even clothing for robes) the only item that gets generated now shows an armor class of 4.

What am I doing wrong?

If I start with an existing item in the standard item (armor) in the standard list and modify it, how do I save it into the custom item list without overwriting the standard armors?

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 08:26 PM   #2
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Take the item, weapon, armor, etc and put it in a chest or whatever then go into the item that is in the chest and look at the item properties of it and modify those. Or you can just make a new item from scratch.

Granamere

[ 06-07-2003, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Granamere ]
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 08:27 PM   #3
Micah Foehammer

Thanks Granamere. [img]smile.gif[/img]

It's only making the armor from scratch that is giving me trouble. For some reason, no matter what armor type I select thru the item wizard I always end up with AC 4 armor. Any other item that I try making seems to work just fine.

BTW, do I need to change the tag and blueprint res ref if I start from an existing item before I finish the adjusted item? If I don't, will that change the base item properties or are those unaffected??

[ 06-07-2003, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: Micah Foehammer ]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 06-08-2003, 02:57 AM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Ok well, armor type is based on weight. The weight is based on the actual imagery you choose when designing the 'torso' part. Regardless of whether you classed the armor this is the way, even if you classed it as 'clothing'. Think about it, an armor with a torso made up only of metal plating cannot possibly pass as clothing and would never be found in your local tailors. For a higher AC build up the torso to achieve 'heavy' armor (i.e. pick the 30-40 design in the selection bar).
Try checking that out, and if you're still having trouble quote to me the exact stats of the armor you have made and exactly what it is you don't like about it.

Modifying existing armors (OC armor that is) is okay. The toolset will automatically tag it differently usually placing a '1' after the original tag and then popping it into the 'custom' category but...it IS better to get into the habit of starting anything from scratch OR choosing the 'Edit Copy' command when you right-click on the existing item, in this case suit of armor.

Hope it helps, mate.

[ 06-08-2003, 03:01 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 06-08-2003, 07:58 AM   #5
Micah Foehammer

SpiritWarrior,

THANKS!!! That's exactly what the problem was. [img]smile.gif[/img] I hadn't noticed that changing the codes for the various components was not only changing the appeearance but actually changing the armor class as well. I SHOULD have figured that out. The problem is solved and I am happily crafting new armors.

Many thanks again. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-09-2003, 01:59 AM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

No prob, mate. I really think they should have some kinda pop-up window appearing when you modify the torso appearance, warning of the AC change and then giving you the option to continue or cancel. Would prevent alot of confusion anyways.

Glad you sorted it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2003, 04:26 AM   #7
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

ok i got a question hear i wanted to be godly so i created my own items now it says i need to be lv 61 [img]tongue.gif[/img] how shall i do to wear em?
Old 06-09-2003, 04:30 AM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

In a normal mod you cannot as a PC since the level cap is 20. A DM character can wear god-like items but in this game the DM is just that, a God. You can however uncheck the ELC and ILR boxes if you want to play a 'hacked' game. This will allow your char to use items of a higher level than he/she is.

[ 06-09-2003, 04:33 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 06-09-2003, 10:52 AM   #9
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

If you are playing in sigle player mode you open the nwplayer.ini file change the Single Player ItemLevelRestrictions to be equal to 0. This will allow the character to use the item.

Granamere
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote