Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2001, 11:15 PM   #1
Boppa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Apparently I am not going to find out what the deal is with ALI-BABA and HIS LAMP. My strategy guide claims the DUDE in the ARMORY in ISHAD N'HA will give you a reward for it?? These 3 swords guys are happy that I dispensed with the evil DOSHI GIN and got the lamp but seem reluctant to dole out any reward for the lamp!! Book also states: The Magic Lamp contains a Genie which you can use three times. The Genie will grant a powerful wish to the character who summoned him, but only once!! - END OF QUOTE. Now my problem comes in where it says "USE THREE TIMES - BUT ONLY ONCE"????????????? Do I misunderstand this RPG stuff?? Did I cut my RPG baby teeth on MIGHT & MAGIC II on a SEGA system and still not dig it?? Go back further, to the PHANTASY STAR stuff that my son used to play (HE IS 37 YEARS OLD NOW I MIGHT ADD). I think perhaps the guy who wrote this strategy guide had a couple of beers too many!! Or was it me???
Boppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2001, 11:20 PM   #2
Moni

When you "use" the lamp, drop it when the genie appears and you will get to use it again.
Do a search of the forum (after having it "show all topics" in the upper right of the front page and then clicking on "go") and you'll get all kinds of information on exactly how to use it on all the characters in your party that has eluded me since finishing my game.
Thr guide did not earn the name "The Tome of Misfortune" for nothing.

------------------
You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 09-06-2001).]
Old 09-06-2001, 11:39 PM   #3
skimo

What I found is that you can only use the lanp three times total, but only once on an individual character. If you attempt to use it twice on the same character the genie gets mad and threatens to leave. I picked my 3 weakest and worse fighting characters and got a really cool sword for my pixie, increased all skills for my Ratling and increased power for another. Give it a shot. Whoever has it in their possesion will gain the wish, even though they have to use it on another character to make the Genie appear. Good Luck!!!
Old 09-07-2001, 12:24 AM   #4
the_young_one
Manshoon

Killing Doshi-Gin/Retrieving the magic lamp is the third armory quest so if you have picked up this quest in Ishad N'Ha's armory, then when you return there you will get warded..

Using the lamp to get wishes is rather buggy. You have to have the selected character use the lamp on another member of the party. If you do this normally, then after your third wish, the genie takes back the lamp and that is the end of the wishes. There is also a restriction that each person is only allowed to use the lamp once. If you want to have lots of wishes, then drop the lamp while the genie is speaking and pick it up when he is done. The counter for the three wishes is not advanced. you can also go back to the inn, select other characters who are not in your party, have these characters load up on the lamp to get weapons, armor and wards.. Play around with the lamp - it's worth it..

the_young_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 05:35 AM   #5
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

If you want to see something funny tho,save before you rub the lamp(I didn't and it wasn't too funny)And hit the djinn.He gets royaly pissed,he says somthing about making a wish out of you and hits you with magic that is one of the most powerfull single swat attacks I ever saw in the game,and dissappears.
Like I said save first if you want to play with this.When I got it I hadn't saved for about 4 hours real time so was stuck with the result.It was kinda like when your keys are in the car and you relize it as you swing the door closed,it went in slow motion,I was lighting a cigerette,and accedentaly hit a button.I actually think I said NOOOOOoooooo.....and then there I was,promising treasures gone three dead warriors and two lucky to suruvive.

------------------
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightfull place as master of all I survey.

..........O,_
......_.L.=\_:
~~(_)==(_)

[This message has been edited by sageridder (edited 09-07-2001).]
sageridder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2001, 12:26 AM   #6
Boppa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Finally got ALI-BABA to do his thing. Had tried and got nothing but "NOTHING HAPPENED" mesages!! Now have found that it will work great with a little caution. As previously posted by someone, DROP the lantern as soon as GENIE appears. Let him do his thing - select your choice - pick up the lantern. Sock it to it again. OVER AND OVER. Do not give the lantern to another party member until you have finished as you will not be able to have that member utilize the lantern again. THIS IS WHERE YOU WILL AGGREVATE MR. GENIE. Make sure you have each member get their ABILITIES and HEALTH where you want them, then go for the ARM OF ARGUS (power), the AMULET OF ARGUS (ward), and the SWORD OF ARGUS (weapon) & ARMOR OF ARGUS (armor). You may not have a party member who can actually utilize the latter two, but you can always sell them!. I made the mistake of giving the LANTERN to another member before raising the STATS on my first attempt (having gotten 6 WARDS) and now I can't go back unless I want to redo the other 5 guys all over again (an hour or more wasted)??!! After you have had your fill of MR. GENIE and his speech you might want to KICK HIS BUTT for your final reward!!
Boppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2001, 12:48 PM   #7
Moni

I am glad you got it to work for you!
I don't remember if I ever saved my games in between wishes but that is a good rule to follow in W&W! Save often and in a few different slots so that if you miss something or mess something up, you can go back, load a prior saved game and play to correct it.
I tried to kick the genie's butt LOL...he teleported me behind the (as of yet unlocked) lock of Anephas' shrine...yes I had carried it that far before I knew what to do with it!