Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2001, 06:43 AM   #31
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
WOW, that would be a massive round!

How is it going in Icewind dale?
I´m into a new party doing it from the beginning and have just arrived at the steps to the elven fortress the Hand.. long way left to go..

Hi Wolfie,

You don't reckon I'll do it in an evening then?

In IWD I'm still killing everything that moves in Lower Dorns Deep. Am still trying to get a cohesive strategy for killing Fire Giants. I have realised that my Paladin is crap, 10th level and only 44 hps. He keeps dying didn't reroll enough I guess, but IIRC I couldn't roll well for this char no matter what.

The Elven fort is tough as nails I reckon, all those blade skeletons and fireballing ones are difficult, you'll be doing lots of saves and reloads.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123

Old 04-10-2001, 06:53 AM   #32
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
Hi Wolfie,

In IWD I'm still killing everything that moves in Lower Dorns Deep. Am still trying to get a cohesive strategy for killing Fire Giants. I have realised that my Paladin is crap, 10th level and only 44 hps. He keeps dying didn't reroll enough I guess, but IIRC I couldn't roll well for this char no matter what.

The Elven fort is tough as nails I reckon, all those blade skeletons and fireballing ones are difficult, you'll be doing lots of saves and reloads.

Well i have my best party ever actually, an elven fighter and a real tank for a female paladin, backed up by a fighter/wizard a fighter/thief and one cleric (great for turning) and one evoker wizzard (er one that tosses alot of fireballs and magic missies) I´m also playing with the 3:ed thief sneak attack insted, making my fighter/thief deadly as hell when he moves into combat flanking the opponents.. But well bladed skeletons are fuzz and blastskeletons too.. To many undaid critter!!

Hmm, well Dorns keep is tough as hell too, thoose bloody firegiants are a heap of trouble. I sneaked them and took em out as i saw them because first time aroud I got whoopassed with the fighter that held one of the badges down there.. Ooo they don´t like ,elfs snowballs!! hehehe...

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 04-10-2001, 06:59 AM   #33
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Well i have my best party ever actually, an elven fighter and a real tank for a female paladin, backed up by a fighter/wizard a fighter/thief and one cleric (great for turning) and one evoker wizzard (er one that tosses alot of fireballs and magic missies) I´m also playing with the 3:ed thief sneak attack insted, making my fighter/thief deadly as hell when he moves into combat flanking the opponents.. But well bladed skeletons are fuzz and blastskeletons too.. To many undaid critter!!

Hmm, well Dorns keep is tough as hell too, thoose bloody firegiants are a heap of trouble. I sneaked them and took em out as i saw them because first time aroud I got whoopassed with the fighter that held one of the badges down there.. Ooo they don´t like ,elfs snowballs!! hehehe...

I have the snowball spell, but I've been saving it, perhaps it's time to open a whole can of whupass. The giant are not that tough, but all together they are too much. Would like to use my cone of cold spell, but my party always gets in the way.

------------------

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick

Old 04-10-2001, 07:07 AM   #34
WOLFGIR

Quote:
I have the snowball spell, but I've been saving it, perhaps it's time to open a whole can of whupass. The giant are not that tough, but all together they are too much. Would like to use my cone of cold spell, but my party always gets in the way.

Thats why i have a fighter/mage, he can take some punishment at least and still get a good spell off..

------------------

Old 04-10-2001, 07:14 AM   #35
Melusine
Dracolisk

Started lurking in August, joined in September.

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 04-10-2001, 07:16 AM   #36
Epona
Zartan

I did my first post on the old board on 6 February this year. So I have only been here for 2 months - seems like a lot longer though, because I was a casual lurker since September last year.

Took me a long time to get enough courage to post - I'm a bit shy.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas and The Ladies Guild.
Old 04-10-2001, 07:17 AM   #37
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

Hi Melusine, you old timer.

------------------

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick

Old 04-10-2001, 07:18 AM   #38
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by sylent:
I could have sworn you were around on the old board Cloudy, was it really January?

Anyway, I just though of Stealthy (previously Suul-Yinn, or Stealth Bomber), who was there from a long time back. Black Knight has been around a while too.

And of course, the fabulous Draconia.
Sylent..I joined on the old board. This one came up in March..unless there was an older board than that? Black Knight and I joined about a week apart,like Armie and Memny did. BK got here just ahead of me.

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 04-10-2001, 07:19 AM   #39
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

Hi Melusine!! *wolfhug and slurpy*

Nice to see ya! (Eh Tainly and I have started to freeffall this thread.. oups)

------------------

Old 04-10-2001, 07:22 AM   #40
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Hi Wolfie,

Sir Tainly! I FEEL your pain! The Severed Hand was rough going! Those stupid blade skeletons gave me nightmares! LOL Never re-loaded anything as much as that. Especially since brilliant lil ol' me accidentally deleted the save from outside the fortress! LOL Was stuck IN it or way back in the game.

Cloudy, home sick today

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever