Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2003, 10:40 AM   #1
pyrethrin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What is it's purpose? Does not having it make it harder to hit in the dark? With all the items and the spell that give the ability I was just wondering what factor it plays in the game.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:49 AM   #2
Link
Jack Burton

Infravision means you can see in the dark. The characters will light up red in the game when you're walking with a character with infravision (with the helm on, or just an elf). I think it's just convenience in the game.
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 11:28 AM   #3
BaRoN NiGhT

Infravision is a worthless spell, especially if you have a type of race in your party which has the infravision ability like the elf and dwarf, and more especially if you are using a sorcerer.
BaRoN NiGhT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 12:10 PM   #4
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by BaRoN NiGhT:
Infravision is a worthless spell, especially if you have a type of race in your party which has the infravision ability like the elf and dwarf, and more especially if you are using a sorcerer.
I have always thought the same, but it never occured to me that you might have a greater chance of hitting a creature in the dark if you have infrasion. Does anybody have any idea if it affects anything besides lighting up your characters

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 12:15 PM   #5
BaRoN NiGhT

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord:
quote:
Originally posted by BaRoN NiGhT:
I have always thought the same, but it never occured to me that you might have a greater chance of hitting a creature in the dark if you have infrasion. Does anybody have any idea if it affects anything besides lighting up your characters [/QUOTE]There is no area in the game that is too dark for us to see a creature, also, infravision doesn't increase your chance of hitting an enemy in the dark. And I'm afraid the answer to your last question is : There is no other affects.

[ 10-05-2003, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: BaRoN NiGhT ]
BaRoN NiGhT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 12:51 PM   #6
Sonic
Zhentarim Guard

Whye did they set infransion whit the spells when its whortless(Yust to be cool whit the glowing light on you*like a disco ball* or??)
Old 10-05-2003, 02:20 PM   #7
Legos
The Magister

Of course!
To make newbie players waste their poor Elven Sorcerer´s memorization slots.
Legos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 04:38 PM   #8
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Legos:
Of course!
To make newbie players waste their poor Elven Sorcerer´s memorization slots.
Or to make them think they finally found something valuable when opening the chest in the Otyugh room in Irenicus' dungeon
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 05:14 PM   #9
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

They had probably had a lot of different ideas about how to implement visibility in the dark on the drawing board, but these got scrapped along the way. Infravision is utterly redundant and should probably have been removed, but it somehow didn't.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:19 PM   #10
esquire
The Magister

Heh imagine how cool (or not cool) it would have been if there were some completely dark dungeons in the game... and the only way you could get through them is use infravision. That would have added a great element I think! Darkness is scary!!! hehehe