Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which would you rather be attacked by?
Vampire 17 51.52%
Werewolf/Wolfwere 12 36.36%
Something small and basically harmless 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2002, 02:20 AM   #1
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

Let's face it, Elves are stuck up and Dwarves aren't pretty. Now that I've irritated everyone (lol), I've got some questions concerning some other species. Namely our not-so-friendly nocturnal creatures; the werewolves/wolfweres and vampires.
Old 09-26-2002, 02:29 AM   #2
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

ARRRRG! Should have said "werebeast". Pretend I meant all Lycanthropes in that poll.
Old 09-26-2002, 02:38 AM   #3
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I would love to be a vampire, the power and grace. Barely seen, living shadows...
Old 09-26-2002, 02:49 AM   #4
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowhound:
I would love to be a vampire, the power and grace. Barely seen, living shadows...
All the things you lack in real life eh Shadow? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
I voted to be attacked by something small and harmless and i would love to be a Vampire! As a vamp you can be one all the time! Who needs sunlight anyway?
Old 09-26-2002, 04:36 AM   #5
shadowhound

You voted the same as I did Dagorion, insane minds think alike
Old 09-26-2002, 06:46 AM   #6
Legolas
Jack Burton

I must say vampirehood sounds tempting, but there's all sorts of restrictions and liabilities attached. I'll have the wherebeast, thank you (I've always wanted to be a ferocious wherefly )
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 08:41 AM   #7
shadowhound

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:
I must say vampirehood sounds tempting, but there's all sorts of restrictions and liabilities attached.
Such as?

Crosses can be avoided, Night time is a reasonable time, and I can handle the blood drinking
Old 09-26-2002, 09:31 AM   #8
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

You cant handle alchohole drinking! How are you supposed to handle BLOOD?! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2002, 09:43 AM   #9
Legolas
Jack Burton

Crosses can be avoided, but that means you'll have to take the trouble to avoid them. You can live at night, but you'll constantly have to take care not to make a mistake with day/night times. And you can't go to the stores to buy something yourself as they are all closed and you can't enter without invitation anyway. Then there is the blood. You need blood to survive. All that bother you have to go through to get it, no thanks.
Travelling is almost impossible, as you have less than 12 hours to pack up, leave, travel, feed, travel and find a place to hide.
As wherebeast, you can hunt and move within an almost unlimited radius, or buy in stores and travel with merchants. Day and night are really no issue, and what are crosses anyway? Moving water? Let's go for a swim.
It's more social and you have more freedom. What you lose is some power, magic-like abilities as hypotizing, mist form and wolf control. And maintaining two ways of thinking might be considered a bother too by some.
But where vampires shun garlic, wherebeasts like it on their meat. And they have healthy skin colours
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 10:07 AM   #10
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

there are many different views of what a Vampire is. I quite liek the Christopher Pike version in "The Last Vampire" books. You I think are refering to the Buffy vamps. Also the cross only represents religion so that is a huge downside for vamps cause they arent allowed nere ANY religios thing.