Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2005, 07:53 PM   #1
Orbost
The Magister

Hi everyone, need a little help getting down to the lower levels of Durlags Tower. Don't read on to avoid spoilers.
So, I'm at that winch with the 4 wardens, who each need a task completed. I have:
- used the switch to start the engine running
- used the winepress with the grapes to make wine
- used the anvil to repair the mallet, and used it to hit the gong
- read the 4 books to operate the spooky blue light around the sword int eh stone.

But only 3 wardens are happy. One still says that I have not completed his task. I'm guessing there might be something further to do with the sword in the stone, but I don't know what. The winch downwards is still locked.

Anyone help? Come on, you know you want to!
Orbost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:49 PM   #2
Lavindathar
Harper

Ok, from memory, all you have to do is go and "talk" to the sword.

It will say something, and then the last warden will be happy.

Have fun with the fight!!!
Old 06-15-2005, 02:56 AM   #3
Midget Gems

Have you found the gem stone for the Warden who wants a glittering treasure (or whatever).

[ 06-15-2005, 02:57 AM: Message edited by: Midget Gems ]
Old 06-15-2005, 07:15 PM   #4
Orbost
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Midget Gems:
Have you found the gem stone for the Warden who wants a glittering treasure (or whatever).
Errrr, no. From memory there are quite a few gems scattered around that level. Anyone in particular I should be finding?
Old 06-16-2005, 12:21 PM   #5
Midget Gems

Yes, I was a bit vague with my spoiler, thats how it should be. If you haven't found the 'special' blue gemstone in the pile of treasure, then that is what you need to do to satisfy one of the Warders
Old 06-16-2005, 07:16 PM   #6
Orbost
The Magister

Truth is that I'm strugglign for motivation with BG right now. I finished the game a couple of months ago, but had not visited a few areas such as the Werewolf Island and Durlags Tower.

So I decided to go back and mop up these final areas, but with the game already complete, my sense of urgency is gone. Hence my willingness to ask for help when previously I would have struggled along on my own.