Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2001, 01:33 PM   #11
Gary Smith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Im 19 years old and i have been playing D&D since i was 12 with, can you believe it, the same character for all 7 years. Also most of my friends have their same characters although a few were killed off when the evil B**** of a gamesmistress we had "accidently" transported us to the plane of fire. The only ones who survived were me, a level 25 mage (tehehehe) and the level 22 druid one of my best friends. The rest died horribly but after a daunting trip into the nine hells (oh yes im a planeswalker as well, learned on the fly hehe) i got their souls back. However because im neutral evil my favourite 6 jewels are now their soul stones hehe. My friends were not ammused. Im off to Sigil at the next session to see what prices they will bring. May i say, Muhahahahahahaha!!!!
Me: What!! you cant kill me!<br />GM: I can do anythink i want.<br />Me: What did i do!!<br />GM: Your not being a party player<br />Me: Im Neutral Evil for Gods Sake!<br />GM: So your calling upon the gods of ravenloft to save you then.<br />Me: what....<br />[GM rolls the D20]<br />GM: Well thats a 15, added on 5 for all those graves youve robbed in the past adventure, thats a 20. Powers check please.<br />Me: Oh Cr*p.<br />[Me rolls D20]<br />Me: I got a 5<br />GM: Your still alive.<br />Me: Woohoo!!<br />GM: But your now half goat.<br />Me: Oh... WOOHOO!!
Gary Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 01:49 PM   #12
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

im 23, and i still play AD&D. actually, im writing a book about my character Morgan,(duh)and the party he traveled with. i use those same four characters in BG2, and the party just rocks. there is me, Elven fighter/mage, Saraphine, elven mage/thief, Aramanthin, Elven Archer, and Dravin, Human Fighter, dualed to a cleric at level 9. the party i cool, but i might change one of the characters, a bit, or add another person that was with our group, but he left a little while before we quit playing. he was a human fighter dualed to a thief at level 12. all in all, not a bad party. does anyone have an idea as to a good adventure i can use to start off my book. i have some ideas, but i want the input of others as well. thanx. oh, and my wife calls me a nerd, jokingly though, cause she wants me to teach her how to play AD&D.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 05:40 PM   #13
Gary Smith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well if your fond of the ravenloft series thats a good world to write an adventure in. In fact thats where my aformentioned mage came from. We started in ravenloft and thanx to our ranger (who also happened to be a vistani) we were able to find all the ingrediants that our GM said we needed to concut a potion to get back. We were level 8 and one of the ingrediants was a feather of a deva. Which our theif managed to get afetr some stupidly low rolls for every single thief skill. He "pickpocketed" off the wing. woohoo. then we got back and the adventure continued on the sword coast. A chance meeting with Drizzt, oh yes Drizzt i wanted to kill him (i am neutral evil), led to all sorts of dodgy adventures including fighting a Bigby's crushing hand which had "gone wild" oh the adventures lol.

Our party at the start in ravenloft was:

Hawk: Human Paladin: Lawful Good
Drax: High Elven Fighter: True Neutral
Polk: Dwarven Druid: True Neutral (oh yes a dwarven druid, we didnt pay attention to race and class descriptions.)
Bernado: Human Vistani Ranger: Neutral Good
Tay Treffendwyd: Moon Elf Mage: Neutral Evil (me)
Aloe Vera: Half Elf Bard: Chaotic Neutral (female)
Griswald: Human Cleric of Meleikki: Lawful Neutral (co-incidence, i think not, and also a cleric called griswald you may ask, yes i would say.)
Peregrin: Half Orc Thief: Lawful Neutral (yes we chose the kits we wanted then rolled for our race. This guy unfortunately rolled a 20 and then got the half orc result. He could have been a teifling if he was lucky, or even a shapeshifter. But not in the luck.)

But enough about the party for now. but stay tuned for some exploits, and me getting turned into a half goat by the gods of ravenloft. grr.
Me: What!! you cant kill me!<br />GM: I can do anythink i want.<br />Me: What did i do!!<br />GM: Your not being a party player<br />Me: Im Neutral Evil for Gods Sake!<br />GM: So your calling upon the gods of ravenloft to save you then.<br />Me: what....<br />[GM rolls the D20]<br />GM: Well thats a 15, added on 5 for all those graves youve robbed in the past adventure, thats a 20. Powers check please.<br />Me: Oh Cr*p.<br />[Me rolls D20]<br />Me: I got a 5<br />GM: Your still alive.<br />Me: Woohoo!!<br />GM: But your now half goat.<br />Me: Oh... WOOHOO!!
Gary Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 05:51 PM   #14
Lothar

Im 26, Started playing around 1986 Ive been hooked ever since. I dont get to play PnP anymore cause I dont know anyone else who plays it locally.Isnt there some online PnP thing here?
Old 12-05-2001, 10:51 PM   #15
Mourn Yauntyyr
The Magister

So any of you old skoolers gonna play Neverwinter Nights? (If you don't know what that is, check out www.neverwinternights.com)
Old 12-06-2001, 12:56 AM   #16
Dragontooth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm 26 play D&D. Right now i'm a DM but would rather be a charater. But oh well. My favorite world is Dragonlance(nothing will change my mind on it hard core DL fan). But since no current PC games of Dragonlance i play BG2. will eventually try the other forgotten realm game(icewind dale). Played the old pool of radience, and the new one. played the old pc dragonlance games, and dragon strike that was cool game. Currently got my group of adventures going thru a premade world of mine.
Dragontooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 01:23 AM   #17
Tempesta
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Strider Im 26, Started playing around 1986 Ive been hooked ever since. I dont get to play PnP anymore cause I dont know anyone else who plays it locally.Isnt there some online PnP thing here

Err I was too busy being BORN in 1986 [img]smile.gif[/img] . No but my brother and his friend got me hooked on D&D about 3 years ago. Dwarf all the way - played with the same character for 2 years until my GM got all mad at me for confusing his campaign and umm... a washing machine accidently fell on my guy's head. wasn't too pretty... fun game though. Awesome if you get a good, solid group going. Ravenloft is awesome

Will you be able to transfer your level 40 characters from ToB to NWN? Or is that past max level or what?
A.K.A - Relic Loresbane<p>\'Turn not thy face from the light of the sun, lest ye feel the burning of thy very souls!\'<p>\'Darkness comes over us all-for salvation comes washed in the blood of the innocent!\'<p> Tempesta, hired sword. - \"Worry not my Lord, though I may be no knight, your coin ensures my trust.\"<br />Kelsoph\'s Bro.<br />Necromatical Raiser of the Plastic Attack Gerbils
Tempesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 01:56 AM   #18
Mourn Yauntyyr
The Magister

It says that you will be able to transfer characters...but I have no idea how that's going to be possible, even from BGII SoA. Third Edition and Second Edition are very different rules systems. They're going to have to put some kind of conversion program in for the characters coming from SoA to NWN.

Any characters transfered from SoA will probably not be allowed on most NWN servers. They will just be too powerful, not to mention the fact they all have pretty much the same storyline...But I guess what they're saying is you can play your BGII character in the NWN single player game.
Old 12-06-2001, 10:49 AM   #19
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Mourn Yauntyyr:
It says that you will be able to transfer characters...but I have no idea how that's going to be possible, even from BGII SoA. Third Edition and Second Edition are very different rules systems. They're going to have to put some kind of conversion program in for the characters coming from SoA to NWN.

Any characters transfered from SoA will probably not be allowed on most NWN servers. They will just be too powerful, not to mention the fact they all have pretty much the same storyline...But I guess what they're saying is you can play your BGII character in the NWN single player game.

NWN lets you import your characters name and stats, unless the game decides they're too high, and then it "adjusts" them to a "fair" level.
Old 12-06-2001, 12:14 PM   #20
Russ
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Tempesta:
Will you be able to transfer your level 40 characters from ToB to NWN? Or is that past max level or what?

Unless you're the sort of hopeless loser who actually gets a thrill out of his character's level and hit points, what would the fun be in that? First you'd have to have an adventure that was actually made to challenge 40th-level characters... (and I think that NWN is actually designed for up to "only" 20th level --note extreme sarcasm...).

The best campaign I was ever in played a little bit fast and loose with the spell memorization rules, but quintupled the xp requirements to advance each level. 10K to get to 2nd as a fighter... and the results were great. No brainless smashing in the knowledge of superior hit points... a band of orcs or kobolds who were clever could be a real threat (anybody remember Tucker's Kobolds?), and an ogre remained an awesome juggernaut of blind rage and destruction for eons... and if you felt like you could take an ogre one on one,it meant that you really WERE the baddy you thought you were.