Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2002, 10:55 PM   #1
SomeGuy
Unicorn

..................My best friend has just been dumped by his girl.He is not in town right now so he does'nt even know.While we were at church camp his girl found someone and she says that the new guys is better.SHE DOES'NT EVEN KNOW THE GUY!His girl wanted me to break it to him!Since he is out of town I got his answering machine and that's how I broke it to him and now I relize that was a bad way to do it.I me him and me have been friends since we were in pre-school.This is'nt right and I feel bad for my friend.And this is the one made fun of me at times.That's right it's Glenn.We've made up and all that stuff.I really feel bad for him and he is going to feel bad for weeks.I know at first he won't believe me,but this is going to be bad.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 07-18-2002, 11:01 PM   #2
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

Oh, ow. That really isn't good.

Can you get into his house and get the answering machine mayhap??

Seriously though, obviously the girl had no respect for him in the first place, so therefore, he is better off without her, if all she does is switch guys everytime someone new walks by and winks. The answering machie isnt good though.

I don't really know what to tell you, but if he is your friend he will understand you didn't do anything, and won't be mad at you.
Old 07-18-2002, 11:10 PM   #3
SecretMaster
Apophis

Advice: Try to comfort him. thats the best i can think of.
Old 07-19-2002, 01:37 AM   #4
Lifetime
Red Dragon

When in doubt, tell him to cast his nets over the other side of the boat, to take an analogy from the Bible. Girls are like but fishes in the sea. If you're out of luck, cast your nets elsewhere Or at least tell your friend that [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2002, 02:06 AM   #5
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

hmm, if the girl thinks that kind of things, then your friend better think twice with that girl. thats my 2c

Catch me if you can..
Old 07-19-2002, 02:53 AM   #6
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Well 1st off, this girl is an idiot for not breaking it to her boy friend herself. It will only make things worse in the long run. If someone asks you to do that in the future, don't do it!

Definatley support him. He's probably going through a whole lot of hurt since he found out his girl left him for another guy! But let me reiterate myself: Youre young, not even a teenager yet! Your friend will move on, be single for awhile, get another girl, ect...hmm i lost my train of thought! Ack [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] , i'll get back to you
Old 07-19-2002, 07:05 AM   #7
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I ain't gonna say shit.

Why? it is the girls decision to do that... now it is her who should break his heart... not me... not anybody... if you are strong enough to switch from guy to guy, then you can't be lazy on the dumping part.

My 2cents
Old 07-19-2002, 07:19 AM   #8
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
I ain't gonna say shit.

Why? it is the girls decision to do that... now it is her who should break his heart... not me... not anybody... if you are strong enough to switch from guy to guy, then you can't be lazy on the dumping part.

My 2cents
After 5 hours of meaningless calculations, i found out that yes, you didn`t say shit .
Anyway, Bahamut is absolutely right. I belive sending an "I´m gonna dump you!" message is cowardly, But giving that responibility to another person is just pathetic.
5 minute relationships are irritating.. and belive me, i`ve seen many of those.
Old 07-19-2002, 10:23 AM   #9
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

DUDE!!!!!!

You should have made HER do it. Its not YOUR responsibility to be the bearer of bad news. And the answering machine??? Come ON. Face to Face is much better.

She didnt have the guts to do it herself and since hes your best friend you shouldnt have done her ANY favours.

Something to think about in a weird way: When you best friend gets his heart broken, hes going to want to tell you about it. Now he cant do that because you already know. See where Im coming from here? I realise that may not make much sense right now but it will later.

Dont ever let a girl put you in the middle again. One day it could end up costing you your friendship. Make them take the guilt for their own actions. Dont let them off the hook.

[ 07-19-2002, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: Earthdog ]
Old 07-19-2002, 01:26 PM   #10
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

you should have just looked at her like she was some kind of idiot(probably is),and said "bitch,do it yourself."