Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2001, 07:17 AM   #1
GrimReaper

I want to play a solo game with a character that can carry a lot of weight, can start as a wizard, enjoy all roles without serious restrictions or limitations, etc.

I have noticed that the number of an attribute does not equate to the same thing for different races. My lizord with a 9 strength could carry more than my elf with a 14 strength.

I have ruled out Human, Elf, Pixie, Gnome & Ratling. That leaves Dwarf, Whiskahs, Lizord, Gourk & Oomphaz. Each have their own unique starting benefit.

However, does anyone know if there will be restrictions/limitations on these races later on in such things as skills/traits, gaining skills, casting spells, regaining mana or life, using weapons, performing skills, etc? Will an Oomphaz be too massive and clumsy to properly perform as a monk/ninja?

Any information on role/skill limitations by race would be appreciated. Opinions on the best race for the "Ultimate" solo character are welcome.

Thanks.
Old 01-25-2001, 09:44 AM   #2
carg
The Magister

One disadvantage of the Oomphaz: most metal armor won't fit them; though dragon armor does. You can find special armor for them, but later and not as good. Advantage: I believe they have the highest carrying capacity, and perhaps the highest hitpoints as well.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 09:56 AM   #3
Xignal76

I'd recommend a Whiskah. Reasonable carrying capacity, night vision, high agility and spiritualism, and no intelligence disadvantage (however, no initial intel advantage either).

Also, I don't know of any clan limitations with Whiskahs in the game.
Old 01-25-2001, 10:14 AM   #4
teefha

I think, Oomphaz is the best race. Yes, the Armor is a prob, but the mana seed is a very potent trait. And a wizardsrobe+4 with some blessings is really nice..., so that the Armorrestriction isn't too hard. And the Mana is very importend.

But how do you open all the locks???

teefha
Old 01-25-2001, 10:24 AM   #5
Gandelon

As far as opening locks goes, any character that can use vine magic can use the two opening spells, with "disarm trap" being the best. This has the added advantage that you only need to bring up your "sorcery" skill (I think it's called sorcery) instead of both sorcery and lockpicking.

I'm currently playing with a solo elf. And yes, the weight restriction is a pain. Once you get moon magic and can generally quickly get back to town to dump stuff, it isn't as much of a problem, though.
Old 01-25-2001, 10:46 AM   #6
GrimReaper

As far as opening stuff, I put on Merlin's Shield and bash stuff open (locks & chests) until I role ascend to a class that can use lockpicks & traps/locks skill. Merlin's Shield pretty much protects from all magical traps.

I never considered the Moon Magic create portal & teleport. Haven't used that yet. Will have to consider that.