Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2002, 04:18 PM   #81
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Lanesra:

I didn't mean to copy Davros I just thought we could use the English sports thread to talk about stuff Aussies wouldn't be interested in like ...the world cup

On the contrary! We are extremely interested in the world cup, as we are in all sporting events where England will fail miserably
Old 01-05-2002, 05:48 PM   #82
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:

On the contrary! We are extremely interested in the world cup, as we are in all sporting events where England will fail miserably

Darts anyone [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2002, 03:36 AM   #83
Davros
Takhisis Follower

quote:

LOL - good comeback Aelia - and with nowhere else to go, my good mate Lanesra has to rely on his "darts" lifeline......AGAIN. There must be some other sports that you guys are good at - surely????

Anyway, I see Timbledon managed to scrape a win and halt the "Poo" comeback. And how come a drawn test series in South Africa will hand them the world championship. This is the team that we just comprehensivley crushed 3-0 (what was their total again - naught, zero, zip, blot, frankly bugger all).

Any Wiz 8 update Aelia?
Old 01-06-2002, 07:32 PM   #84
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:

I can't bear to see this wallowing on page 2.

Schadenfreude doesn't become you Aelia. Here in the 'old country' we have a saying: 'You can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket, and if you don't buy a ticket you cannot laugh at those who try but don't succeed'
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 01-15-2002, 05:02 AM   #85
Donut
Jack Burton

I have brought this thread back from the dead in case Davros and AJ would like to discuss the tennis. Particularly the demise of world No.1 LLeyton Hewitt.

So sad.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 01-15-2002, 05:14 AM   #86
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

U know (i hope no1 Flames me about this) Im actually Glad the little **** got knocked out... I really hate his whole attitude towards losing.... We aussies need more Pat Rafters
Old 01-15-2002, 10:59 AM   #87
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Davros walks over to the nearest wall and bangs head a few times. DOH, Glorfindel - why don't you just load Donut's gun up a little more for him [img]smile.gif[/img] - this is hard enough as it is - let's face it, Leyton was ill - sad but true, enough said.

Hi Donut, that was very kind of you to bump this thread matey. It saved me the trouble - haven't heard from my good friend AJ in almost a week. Aelia, I know you are out there lazing on sun drenched beaches, furiously preparing yourself for the rigours of University life - we await your radiant return.

Oh, tennis - sure - the POO is still in there - what did I say in the Darts championship - it could happen .
Old 01-15-2002, 11:10 AM   #88
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Glorfindel:
U know (i hope no1 Flames me about this) Im actually Glad the little **** got knocked out... I really hate his whole attitude towards losing.... We aussies need more Pat Rafters

Quite right Glorfindel - thank you for pointing this out. It's a common theme in Australian sports at the moment. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I heard another story - not sure how true it is. That swimmer bloke Thorpe was being interviewed on TV when the female interviewer asked about the correlation between the size of his feet (size 17) and the size of his erm! *cough* wedding tackle. Apparently the Thorpedo was none too happy about this and complained to the network and getting the interviewer fired.

I mean - a sensitive Australian male!! Is there no end to their ambition?
Old 01-15-2002, 05:24 PM   #89
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Hi Donut [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Thanks so much for bumping our thread, we really should have been celebrating our glorious darts victory - obviously you understood [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] Btw is anyone else picturing the championship taking place in a dimly lit pub? I don't know if I'm taking this as seriously as it of course is

Glorfindel, shame shame [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img] Get out of my country! Llittle Lleyton is an Aussie hero, he was sick, poor diddums. Plus that injury time was very suspect.

Now go the Poo! Your imported Canadian won't know what hit him, isn't that right Davros?
Old 01-15-2002, 05:49 PM   #90
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:

Glorfindel, shame shame [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img] Get out of my country! Llittle Lleyton is an Aussie hero, he was sick, poor diddums. Plus that injury time was very suspect.

Now c wat the media can imprint on ur old brain?????

How about we swing the Conversation off Tennis..... since I have obviously completely screwed ur arguement Aussie Chums.. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

How about Eqeustrian Eventing.... hmm.... I do belive that we won back 2 back gold at the olympics.... and no.... I dont think England was on the podium.... hmm.... the Kiwi's even beat England now if I remeber... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: Glorfindel ]