Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2005, 07:38 AM   #1
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Any place outside Baldur's Gate city where I can find some level 4 mage scrolls... xvar and edwin can cast them but dont have any in their spellbooks. I'm currently doing cloakwood, still have some wilderness areas to clear and dont plan visiting Baldurs GAte till I have cleared everything outside (except the expansion areas).
Thalantyr doesnt sell any.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:03 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I think you should find some 4th-level spells in the Cloakwood, as a matter of fact. Other good places to go when you get done there would be the Firewine Bridge, and/or a quick shopping trip to Ulgoth's Beard.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:10 PM   #3
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Don't you have to be in chapter 5 to have access to Ulgoth's Beard? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] He might also try looking around Durlag's Tower. I could have sworn that Thalantyr sold some, though....

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 02:11 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Ulgoth's can be visited as early as Chapter 1, if you're careful. You can't get to the Zombie Farm until Chapter 5, though.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:06 PM   #5
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

does he even havethe TotSC
Old 01-18-2005, 09:05 AM   #6
ZFR
Legion Symbol

I do. Read my first post "(except the expansion areas)".

Firewine has no level 4 scrolls the ogremage did drop a level 5 cloudkill though.

And come to think of it, there arent any decent 4 level mage spells in the game at all. the only one which i think can be useful is monster summoning. Maybe also otiluke's resilient sphere but i never use it because it can make some fights too cheesy.