Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 02:27 PM   #21
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
I can only mention that it seems to be some coincidence that president Bush "just happened" to be in FL when all this took place and that the airspace around the pentagon is supposed to be closed airspace.
Whether outside forces were physically responsible for the devastation, I cannot help but wonder what inside forces had a hand in the playing of a political game.
A game in which no ones lives but the very highest in rank are considered to be of any importance.

The Internet has a lot of conspiracy theories running around at the moment. I find such things funny as there it is pure supposition and has no real proof behind it. My advice would be to forget such things. They can only lead to paranoia

The funniest one I saw was some people claiming it wsa planned in order to raise popularity for the Space Shuttle program ~rolls eyes~-

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site

Old 09-11-2001, 02:30 PM   #22
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

OKI, in the state of mind that Memnoch started here.. These are just specualations..

1. I think the attack was an attack to show that even smaller fundamentalist/or extremist anti-US and democracy countries of similiar minds are voulnerable.
Also this was meant to hurt US in their prime, the capaitalist head-town.

2. A reaction that has builed up during many years of hatred and war against the US. For example, the middle east extremists and US has been in and out of conflicts with each other. Numerous attacks has been made before.

3. A fanatic attack to unite and encourage more similiar attacks against the western world. Some Islamic (Bin Laden for example) has said in interbiews that all of Islam should jopin in and attack and go to war to US and its allies. I.E alot of democratic countries.

OK, these are just speculations that first comes to mind. ANother idea might also be the Tallibabs that have US as their "satan" as well. I hope you read my post as a speculation. The word Islam appears here, and I want you to know that I aim my speculations to thoose fanatics and extremists their.

ALso again. I´m so sorry US for this. It is a blow to the face of democratic worlds that leads a war against terrorsim. My thoughts are with you this terrible day.

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..I´m hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 09-11-2001, 02:32 PM   #23
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

IMHO, the most likely culprit right now is bin Laden. There is an Arab newspaper that has been reporting out of London that Laden has stated that he will be orchestrating an attack on America of a magnitude never before seen (or something to that effect). He has been, and continues to be, public enemy #1 in the U.S. He seems to hate Americans for being a part of the "Great Satan". Apparently he sees us as the root of all evils in the world and oppressors of Islam/supporters of Judaism. I really don't think that a wack job (a very intelligent wack-job, but still nuts...)like Laden needs any more reason than that to commit such a vast atrocity. As for his folks...they seem to feel that if they die by killing Americans (the so-called "enemies" of Allah), then they are dying in the service of Allah and will therefore be rewarded with everlasting life in his realm.

Here's what I see happening soon... I really don't see our Commander-in-Chief reacting to this act of atrocity in a calm and rational manner. As bin Laden has apparently been hiding in Afghanistan for some time...I fully expect Afghanistan to be reduced to rubble in a matter of a couple of weeks. I do not doubt that we already have carriers and frigates loaded up with Marines on their way to the closest port. I'm also forseeing a couple of Army heavy brigades being dropped in-country and mowing down everything in their way.

That's just my take...but I think that it is feasible. Someone will pay...and whether they are the culpable party or not, the Taliban controlled Afghanistan will most likely suffer the consequences of harboring bin Laden.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 09-11-2001, 02:36 PM   #24
skywalker
Banned User

John McCain was on ABC news and he intimated that it may be bin Laden and he said we would go to war with whatever country (Afgahnistan) harbours him (if he is responsible).

Mark
Old 09-11-2001, 02:36 PM   #25
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
The Internet has a lot of conspiracy theories running around at the moment. I find such things funny as there it is pure supposition and has no real proof behind it. My advice would be to forget such things. They can only lead to paranoia

The funniest one I saw was some people claiming it wsa planned in order to raise popularity for the Space Shuttle program ~rolls eyes~-

It's less than six hours since the attack (it seems like years) and already crazy conspiracy theories have sprung up. The internet grapevine must be buzzing.

------------------

Kazara

Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-11-2001, 02:37 PM   #26
Billikins the Bold
The Magister

Firstly my condolences to all affected by this.

Whoever did this presumably had their own pilots along: I really can't see how you would get a pilot to crash into the world trade centre under duress: if he knew he was going to die, surely he'd ditch the plane in the river.

To me this highlights the possibility of state backing: finding four airline pilots would be difficult for a terrorist group. Could be wrong though: could be that four "pilots" were traind up to a minimal level. I just don't know.

As to Bush? Nah! Having said that (and I honestly don't believe, in a million years that he would even consider it) the finger of suspicion has long pointed at the Russian intelligence services in connection with the mysterious "Chechen" explosions that killed 100's of people in Russian tower blocks shortly before the second Chechen war that co-incidently saw Putin elected.

------------------
Fear? I know not the meaning of the word. And you can keep that dictionary away from me!
Old 09-11-2001, 02:37 PM   #27
Rikard

A VERY VERY Unlikely conspirery theory which i have though up to
was Extreemist Israëlic Terrorist wanting to put the blame on Hamas in order to create hatred towards Palastina and sympathy to the Israëlic Cause

How likely would this be????

BTW Mario

Bin-Laden is the leader of Taliban

About the Inside theory
Knowuing the amerikans
they would not ever kill another amerikan
Even not if they want a war and this were the only way to get it

------------------
I Am The SunGod
Here To Enlighten You

Old 09-11-2001, 02:38 PM   #28
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:

After investigations which took some time, it was concluded that the space shuttle program knew they were dealing with a faulty design and kept sending the shuttles up because nothing disasterous had yet happened. All of those people involved in the knowledge of the potential for disaster who did nothing to correct it (in order to keep costs low) because of the failure of any tragedies up to that point were all "relieved of their positions" within the space program.

I am sure that proper investigation will pinpoint the responsible parties if they are from foreign or domestic terrorist groups.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-11-2001, 02:40 PM   #29
Billikins the Bold
The Magister

Bin Laden is *not* the leader of the Taliban. He *is* the leader of an extremely anit-American terror group and has (and may still) reside in Afghanistan but he is *not* the leader of the Taliban.

------------------
Fear? I know not the meaning of the word. And you can keep that dictionary away from me!
Old 09-11-2001, 02:43 PM   #30
skywalker
Banned User

Hate to say it, but many people will do horrible things to the people of their own country for lots of money.

Look what happened in Oklahoma and he didn't do it for money.

Mark